Jim "chicken" Little Strike Again

proAMFA

Senior
Sep 28, 2003
Jim is afraid to call Dell and arrange to have a series of debates through out the system.

Dell offered to debate Jim in January and the TWU threw a diversionary side show instead. Then all of a sudden Jim wanted to debate Dell but ONLY on his terms and if AMFA wouldn't play his game then he wouldn't debate. If Jim was serious he would have contacted Dell rather than announce a debate when there wasn't one. Jim made the TWU look like fools. Advertising a debate when there wasn't one, ha!The press wasn't sucked in to the TWU's desperate folly.

Truth is Jim is putting on a show because he cannot beat Dell head to head. Jim ruffles up his feathers in order to try and scare his opponent but will not agree to the terms for a fair debate because he knows he'll lose.

Hey Jim, AMFA doesn't need the debate the TWU does! Call Dell and negotiate a debate schedule. Bet you don't! The Mechanics Craft and Class at AA deserve better than a smoke and mirrors freak show.

WAKE UP PROamfa!!!!!!!!!! You're dreaming again!!!!

You amfa boys were too "chicken" to show up at yesterdays debate (except for 2 of them). You have to ask yourself why. Well, you obviously don't want to hear the truth because this truth debunks everything that amfa has told you to believe!!!!

And if you think that Delle can stand up to Jim Little in a debate toe to toe your are not only chicken you're CRAZY!!!! Why else would Delle request a debate with 3 on a panel instead of one on one??? It's pretty obvious!!!

Dell will go mano a mano, one on one but Chicken Jim will never call to NEGOTIATE a debate format!

Do you know why?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

proAMFA said:
Dell will go mano a mano, one on one but Chicken Jim will never call to NEGOTIATE a debate format!

Do you know why?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey proamfa, you better check delle's letter before you claim he's ready to go mano a mano with Jim. Delle clearly stated he won't debate one-on-one. He insists on having Seman and Wildermuth on stage with him to help out when he can't remember the questions.

WHAT IS THIS AMFA vs TWU THING ALL ABOUT?

Jim Little vs O.V. Delle-Femine? NO

IT IS ABOUT US!

The Concept of “Craft or Classâ€￾

This is Federal Legal concept “Craft or Classâ€￾

In accordance with the Railway Labor Act, the Federal Government has decided that certain work groups have a mutuality of interest at the bargaining table and in advancing worker related issues, and that groups outside of that particular craft or class should have no participation in how the union is run or at least in the initial decision as to who represents that work group. And so Pilots vote with Pilots, and Flight Attendants as matter of law are prohibited from voting with the Pilots. And in turn, the Pilots are prohibited by law from voting with the Flight Attendants because they are considered to be in different Craft or Classes by the National Mediation Board. And Mechanic and Related Workers within the Airline Industry are entitled by law to vote just amongst themselves.

Supporters of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) believe that it comprises our mission to remain associated within a union structure with other crafts or classes that according to Federal Government do NOT share our mutuality of interest. The mission is further compromised when we remain associated with other crafts or classes within the union structure of “majority ruleâ€￾ and our particular craft or class is the minority in size. The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) is the only union in this current debate at American Airlines that says “We will forbid ourselvesâ€￾, it will be unconstitutional for us to go and represent baggage handlers, flight attendants, or passenger service clerks, and we will not let ourselves do that because this would compromise our mission. We wish the baggage handlers and other crafts or classes on the property the very best, but they cannot pick our pockets, we wish them to get the very best on their own, but they should no longer be allowed to ride on our backs. In other words, it is time for the airline industry to decouple the mechanic vs. baggage handler pay and benefit structure. It is suffice to say that since deregulation of the airline industry which since enactment has created enormous competition and pressure on airline ticket pricing, and that has resulted in the craft or class of mechanic and related workers suffering in economic buying power, and especially when compared to the Pilots and Flight Attendants who at American belong to craft specific unions. In the mid 1970’s, the Flight Attendants of American Airlines were also represented by the Transport Workers Union of American (TWU), and just as the mechanics today seek a change to a craft specific union, they also left the TWU in favor of the independent Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) The craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American Airlines can no longer afford to remain in an organization that advocates a linking of different work groups that according to law do not share a mutuality of interest.

Regardless of good or bad economic times, and regardless of whether the union is negotiating concessions to prevent a bankruptcy filing or negotiating from economic growth with corporate profits, the formula by which the economic pie is divided amongst the union membership is a union decision. The recent concession are a clear case in point, because American Airlines was demanding $620 Million in concessions from the TWU, but how those give backs were divided up was a union decision, not a company decision. And the facts are clear, that the craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American took more than our fair share of that amount, and it is also clear this was a union decision.

AMFA IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR SKILLED TECHNICIANS

Do you know why?

Proamfa I have a question must Jim Little call Delle or can Delle call Jim Little as far as I know telephones work both ways do they not ?

I say that neither one of them have what it takes to make a phone call, and even if they could get past the phone call part then they would both have to agree on the time, place, rules, moderator, who can come and who knows what else do you really think that they could work all that out in the next 6 months not likely if they had a year they could not work it out as they don't really want a debate if either side really wanted one that side would be the one making the phone call.l :lol:

It will never happen. ;)

Raptor,

Here are my thoughts on the issue. Dell might call Little but I would understand if he didn't because it is the TWU that needs the debate more than AMFA. If there were an election tomorrow I believe it would be a cake walk. Still I believe Dell has demonstrated that he is willing to give Jim the opportunity to defend his actions in a debate. I feel that the terms he mentioned in his letter are merely suggestions and are more than likely negotiable. Based on what I have seen Dell is not afraid to debate. At Horizon he debated Burchette one and one and Horizon went AMFA. I honestly believe Dell would like to debate Sonny or Jim but will not be sucked into a forum that is loaded with supply and baggage handlers or a forum where the seating is so limited the TWU can stack the deck. He wants the audience to be mechanics and related and why shouldn't they be?

I honestly believe the majority of mechanics and related would love to see an honest debate and feel a little jerked off by the debate debate. I also believe that 95% of the mechanics and related have their minds made up already.

As far as a debate of the rank and file, it would be a waste of time. It would be nothing more than a shouting match. For a debate of the rank and file visit

www.usaviation.com and click on the mechanics forum

Back