Something To Ponder 2

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Good morning everyone, Hope you had a great night sleep!

Here we are, in the third week of the filing from Amfa. As they continue to review the names AA supplied to the NMB. You have to wonder why the miss-information is steadily increasing?

Well, since Delle is undecided on if he wants to debate the TWU or not! And as the rhetoric is increasing on the work floor, one can only assume, Amfa is very concerned, if an election will be held. After all, many have come out and said they have over 60% while on the other hand, kept reducing the threshold until the 60% percent was achievable!

Now we have a scenario forming, unless Amfa steps up to debate the TWU at the 4 meetings, they run the risk of losing a large percentage of their supporters. If they do step-up, it could be a feather in their hat or a complete flop! At AA you don’t have the luxury of picking you fights! You know if they decline to show! Any future meetings will have little affect!

At USAir there last-ditch effort was foiled when they segregated other airlines and kicked out potential members from organizing meetings! In an attempt to pick and choose whom they want to have attend future debates at AA! You have to wonder, what their so afraid? I believe Amfa is showing their true colors and are not concerned with our well being more than the income that might be produced. After all, the select few have the ability to travel the country enjoying plush accommodations with no accountability! Kevin McCormick (MAG) has the potential to pocket millions at AA!

The talk from the floor is; Delle and the chief organizers are afraid of a debate controlled by a neutral arbitrator. It will limit their ability to sidestep the issues!

One of the other concerns is; Amfa does not want the different airline employees interacting. Why? Could it be they will discuss issues that might affect us all? Is this a form of control? Does Amfa really want us under one Group to better our profession or is it, a simple pyramid scheme to collect money? After all, Delle Has admitted his dreams will not work in today’s environment! It’s impossible to get the mechanic’s under one Union! Thanks to the unlimited outsourcing agreements Amfa has successfully negotiated at other airlines!

Is this the avenue you really want? I believe Amfa needs to concentrate on representing the 18,000 members they have employed and the 11,000 positions in the unemployment line!

Have a Great Weekend!

Your fishing for information you can't have. Nice try.

Why have a debate with people attending that have absolutely nothing to do with our class and craft? This is a ploy to load the already small room with non-AMT's and related people that will not be included in the election.

Also keep in mind that verifying signatures as well as authenticity of over 9,600 cards takes some time. My guess is between 4 to 6 weeks after the protesting stage is completed. This is where we are right now.

Keep fishing, you never know what you might catch.........................

Cio, your rhetoric is reaching legendary status. I heard they were going to make a spot for you somewhere in the twu international. twu will get their chance to debate. You've had one chance already and you guys blew it and got us the rest of the support we needed to file. We really don't need the twu's help getting cards now. You might say we're done with you. Just think..........If the company is sucessful in defending off the big bad AMFA and save their toy union, we get to do this all over again. I have enjoyed the ride.

Keep the Faith............VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cio wrote:

Here we are, in the third week of the filing from Amfa. As they continue to review the names AA supplied to the NMB. You have to wonder why the miss-information is steadily increasing?

No one wonders any longer at the missinformation the twu spews. After twenty plus years we are use to it. As for missinformation why did the company submit a list of eligible people to vote with the NMB with more names than there were after we bought TWA?

Keep fishing loser. Will we see you standing in the foyer of the NMB in Washington as AMFA is certified as our new union?

The twu smells fear... and it is their own!

GO AMFA! :up:

1AA said:
Your fishing for information you can't have. Nice try.

Why have a debate with people attending that have absolutely nothing to do with our class and craft? This is a ploy to load the already small room with non-AMT's and related people that will not be included in the election.

Also keep in mind that verifying signatures as well as authenticity of over 9,600 cards takes some time. My guess is between 4 to 6 weeks after the protesting stage is completed. This is where we are right now.

Keep fishing, you never know what you might catch.........................

I start the thread with concerns about a form of control, than right off the bat, an AMFA WANNABE tells everyone I am fishing and basically tells everyone not to respond!

deltoon1.jpg

No fear from this side! I know more than what you think! I believe Amfa Dictator has already indicated earlier how the card count will turnout! After all, I am working side by side with you!

Checking it Out said:
Now we have a scenario forming, unless Amfa steps up to debate the TWU at the 4 meetings, they run the risk of losing a large percentage of their supporters. If they do step-up, it could be a feather in their hat or a complete flop! At AA you don’t have the luxury of picking you fights! You know if they decline to show! Any future meetings will have little affect!

!
cio, I do believe we have been through this exact scenario once before!!! The twu tried to play a few political games and we received many more cards from it. Now the twu wants to play a few more of the same exact games (on a week day) (arbitrator picked by the twu) (still no word on the size of the room until it will be to late) (the twu will pay UB time to those attending and who will root for them) just to name a few. You see cio these little political games you people play will only lose more and more support for the twu, just like last time! One thing about it you are very predictable but to try the same exact stunts twice in a row is totally amazing. When will the twu try to stand on it's own merits rather than trying to lie and deceive with misinformation about a much superior (real unions) accomplishments. When we finish tossing the twu out on it's proverbial arse will you jump the fence and go into management?

cio,

Your fraud is nearly at an end. The membership is beginning to see through the TWU smokescreen. The whole base knows the debate of rank and file was nothing more than a diversion to keep International Officers from debating. Dell has agree'd to a debate. The only thing he asks is that there be an impartial moderator, room enough to hold the AA mechanics and related involved and an election immenient. I believe under these conditions Jim Little will find some excuse to back out. As much as I hate to admit it the question of an election is still up in the air thanks to AA's resistance to losing its puppet union.

AA loves the TWU and why wouldn't they?

Continue to spew your lies, Goebbles has nothing on you!

rusty when you have no merits as such with the twu, you can only resort to lies, threats and intimidation such as telling everyone they will lose thier jobs if AMFA gets in. well what they fail to realize is that not everyone is as dumb as alot of the supposed leaders themselves are! :blink:

I agree local 12 proud, I think one of their biggest downfalls of the twu has been the assumption on thier part that the membership is stupid and cannot see through the BS the twu spews on a daily basis.

Amfa has to prove they are worthy of representing us, running is no way to prove this to us!

I wonder what would happen if AA sets a meeting to discuss an issue and Amfa tells them to comeback later? How long would it take, before AA tells you to get lost?

What is this, if an election is to be held? I believe I sense a touch of doubt? You must not have received sufficient interest from Management in getting them cards signed!

I think that both sides think the membership is stupid and cannot see through the games, I think people can be slow to see through BS but eventually they do, maybe it is time to realize that there will not be a debate and that we should just get ready to vote on whatever Union that we think will serve us the best, I think most of us allready know who we are going to vote for anyway, for sure the guys who come to this board do.

I set out as an AMFA organizer with the goal of having a vote on AMFA vs TWU and we will soon know if that goal was accomplished as I believe it has been, I believe that AMFA is better for my Craft and Class but ultimatley I am content to let the members of my Craft and Class decide, I will of course be voting for AMFA contrary to what you may hear from Dave ( who knows more about what I am thinking than me <_< ) I will support whoever wins the election in an effort to get a decent contract by January 2009 to me it seems like the only smart thing to do, but everyone must make up their own minds on that.

I also voted against the concession and would do it again and again if I could, there are people who would say why Gamble with your job, well I would say to them that everytime we vote to go on strike we are in fact voting to Gamble with our jobs in an effort to get a decent contract, in our business you have to Gamble or you will be stuck with substandard wages and benefits the company is not out to do anyone any favors.
As far as jobs being lost that is due to Airlines needing less people not due to Unions, all the Unions have lost jobs, Company's will only keep the people that they need that is what they have to do to stay in business.

I will say one thing no matter what Union wins this Election AMFA or the TWU when it comes time to vote for local officers, I would suggest being very picky as these guys will be the ones negotiating your next contract, Good intelligent respectable officers are what makes the difference between a good contract and a bad contract. Something for us all to think about. :D

:up: AMFA Constitution PREAMBLE

The aim of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association is to:

• PROMOTE and protect the interests of our membership

• Elevate the moral, intellectual and social conditions of ALL Aircraft Technicians and Airline Support Personnel in the aviation community

… we pledge ourselves to uphold the basic doctrines of craft unionism, to recognize individual seniority rights of members, and to protect and elevate our profession through a strong unification of Aircraft Technicians and Airline Support Personnel within an independent, skilled craft association.

Article I, Section 3

Membership in the Association:

(A) AIRLINE TECHNICIAN DIVISION – shall include all licensed and unlicensed maintenance personnel who work directly on aircraft and/or components of a certificated air carrier and are responsible for the airworthiness or workmanship of the aircraft and/or its components. This includes maintenance support technicians and related personnel as defined by the National Mediation Board’s determination of the Mechanic and Related Craft and Class.

Raptor said:
I think that both sides think the membership is stupid and cannot see through the games, I think people can be slow to see through BS but eventually they do, maybe it is time to realize that there will not be a debate and that we should just get ready to vote on whatever Union that we think will serve us the best, I think most of us allready know who we are going to vote for anyway, for sure the guys who come to this board do.

I set out as an AMFA organizer with the goal of having a vote on AMFA vs TWU and we will soon know if that goal was accomplished as I believe it has been, I believe that AMFA is better for my Craft and Class but ultimatley I am content to let the members of my Craft and Class decide, I will of course be voting for AMFA contrary to what you may hear from Dave ( who knows more about what I am thinking than me <_< ) I will support whoever wins the election in an effort to get a decent contract by January 2009 to me it seems like the only smart thing to do, but everyone must make up their own minds on that.

I also voted against the concession and would do it again and again if I could, there are people who would say why Gamble with your job, well I would say to them that everytime we vote to go on strike we are in fact voting to Gamble with our jobs in an effort to get a decent contract, in our business you have to Gamble or you will be stuck with substandard wages and benefits the company is not out to do anyone any favors.
As far as jobs being lost that is due to Airlines needing less people not due to Unions, all the Unions have lost jobs, Company's will only keep the people that they need that is what they have to do to stay in business.

I will say one thing no matter what Union wins this Election AMFA or the TWU when it comes time to vote for local officers, I would suggest being very picky as these guys will be the ones negotiating your next contract, Good intelligent respectable officers are what makes the difference between a good contract and a bad contract. Something for us all to think about. :D
I guess you're a better union man than I Raptor, for I will never support AMFA, at AA or anywhere else, I ,as you, want what is best for my profession, and as I've witnessed through AMFA's history, AMFA is not what is best. That is simply my opinion formulated without Kool-aid.

Johnny Lunchbox said:
I guess you're a better union man than I Raptor, for I will never support AMFA, at AA or anywhere else, I ,as you, want what is best for my profession, and as I've witnessed through AMFA's history, AMFA is not what is best. That is simply my opinion formulated without Kool-aid.
We all know what type of Union man you are. Even your fellow TWU supporters send out private E-mails dissassociating themselves from you and are quick to point out that you hold no official position.

When you were an IAM Steward you were probably true blue to them, until you realized you could not hack it and you went into management, then you were true blue to them, until once again, you could not hack it, now you are TWU true blue, but only as safe spectator because even the MCI local wont trust you with anything more than being the local jester.

But I guess if it gets you off the floor and out of work you have finally found your niche.

Back