Joaquin Bolivar is in AA's pocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighGuy

Oct 14, 2002
[P]I guarantee you that part of the reason that Joaquin Bolivar got the nod instead of other regional carriers is due to the fact that he agreed to continue AA''s exclusivity agreements. As it now stands, only AA can have throughfares and codeshare status with Executive Airlines. At present Executive Airlines is prohibited from doing business with other carriers. Yes, they can sell full fares on Executive Airlines. But they can''t get any other kind of agreements with the US carriers. The reason for this is obvious. By shutting out the competition, AA''s through fares to the Caribbean will always be lower than back to back fares with other carriers. I''m sure that the regional carriers that expressed an interest in buying Executive Airlines wanted the ability to have codeshares and offer throughfares with the major US carriers operating into SJU. It''s just smart business sense. Why limit yourself to just one revenue stream, when you can have several in place?[/P]
[P]It''s just like the override agreements that are still in place with the Bithorn Travel agencies. They basically guarantee that AA will always be the first choice shoved down the throats of unsuspecting consumers in Puerto Rico.[/P]
[P]I''m sure that Joaquin got a couple of extra million dollars for agreeing to this provision.[/P]
14.gif'']

[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/7/2002 9:38:55 AM MileHighGuy wrote: [BR][BR]As it now stands, only AA can have throughfares and codeshare status with Executive Airlines. At present Executive Airlines is prohibited from doing business with other carriers. [BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]<PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR>[BR][PORTION MODERATOR BY DELETED][BR][BR]If Executive Airlines were prohibited from doing business with other carriers, then explain why Eagle does business with other carriers (YX, AS, HA, NW, and DL to be specific...)?

[P class=MsoNormal]Personally I think it dates back to 1989 when he sold the company to AMR. I think he had an agreement in the sales contract that, if AMR were to sell the company again, he would have the right to first refusal. Meaning AMR would have to go to him first for the sale before anyone else would be considered. [/P]
[P class=MsoNormal] [/P]

So what if AMR and MR BOLIVAR have a business deal and american payed for it then where is your beef it is capitalism at work.

Even someone with as much sour grapes as you spread all over these boards can't be opposed to that.

Dude try sharing something postive once and awhile because unless you work for national things aren't that bad yet!!!

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/7/2002 11:59:31 AM eolesen wrote: [BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/7/2002 9:38:55 AM MileHighGuy wrote: [BR][BR]As it now stands, only AA can have throughfares and codeshare status with Executive Airlines.&nbsp; At present Executive Airlines is prohibited from doing business with other carriers.&nbsp; [BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]If Executive Airlines were prohibited from doing business with other carriers, then explain why Eagle does business with other carriers (YX, AS, HA, NW, and DL to be specific...)? [BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]First of all, please read my entire post again eolesen. I think it's pretty clear that I was making reference to Eagle operations in SJU. Show me one, just [STRONG]one [/STRONG]published throughfare (a throughfare, not back to back fares) from the U.S. (using any U.S. major airline or even JetBlue, Airtran, etc.), into the Caribbean using Eagle out of SJU. Go ahead. <PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR> Sure just about airline in the world can ticket on Eagle. But they can only sell published point to point fares on Eagle. AA does not allow Eagle to offer throughfares on any other carrier into the Caribbean. That is exclusively AA feed. Always has been, always will be.[BR][BR]If you don't want to take my word on the non AA throughfares existing solely in your brain, please ask any travel agent that sells or specializes in selling Caribbean destinations through SJU. [BR][BR]<PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR>

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 11:59:31 AM eolesen wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 9:38:55 AM MileHighGuy wrote:

As it now stands, only AA can have throughfares and codeshare status with Executive Airlines. At present Executive Airlines is prohibited from doing business with other carriers.

----------------
[/BLOCKQUOTE]
&lt;PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR&gt;
[PORTION MODERATOR BY DELETED]

If Executive Airlines were prohibited from doing business with other carriers, then explain why Eagle does business with other carriers (YX, AS, HA, NW, and DL to be specific...)?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Eoleson was merely pointing out that Eagle shares passengers with outher carriers at other points in the system besides the Carribean. That AA has an exclusive agreement with Executive is a good thing.

We all understand the difference between point to point and through fares without the lesson.

Take a deep breath before you post next time.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/7/2002 9:42:06 PM Wild Onion wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]
[BLOCKQUOTE]Eoleson was merely pointing out that Eagle shares passengers with outher carriers at other points in the system besides the Carribean. That AA has an exclusive agreement with Executive is a good thing. [BR][BR]We all understand the difference between point to point and through fares without the lesson. [BR][BR]Take a deep breath before you post next time.[/BLOCKQUOTE][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I guess that being called a fraud is OK by you?[/P]

Status
Not open for further replies.