Joe Leonard Slams Indy Air

You're right I don't remember A320s. I remember 73Gs in their colors. Trying to marry to CO's frequent flyer program sure didn't help their image with AA either. we can all be in agreement that they lived and died as long as AA allowed it?

GrahamAF said:
The sad part is United caused the poor performance. They had control over DH's operations at IAD and typically gave mainline UA priority with departure clearances. That didn't help DH's stats too well.
[post="189441"][/post]​

What's Indy Air's on-time performance now? I'm pretty sure it sux rox. Who's to blame for Indy's current poor performance?

markkus757 said:
You're right I don't remember A320s. I remember 73Gs in their colors. Trying to marry to CO's frequent flyer program sure didn't help their image with AA either. we can all be in agreement that they lived and died as long as AA allowed it?
[post="189953"][/post]​

They only joined the CO and NW FF program after AA's pilot's union did not allow AA to renew their agreement with JI. The pilots did not allow it because they believed they would be flying those routes instaed of pilots at JI. The truth is most of JIs routes were not picked up by AA, and the ones that were, were picked up by Eagle. Thus AA pilots' greed only contributed to the demise of their colleagues at JI, and did not result in any net flying at AA.

It looks like Joe Leonard may be right about Indy Air's business plan. Shares of Independence Air plunged more than 26% today on fresh fears about its survival. "It's clear to us that FLYi's business plan is not working," UBS analyst Robert Ashcroft wrote in a research note. "We believe the chance of (a) FLYi Ch. 11 is about 65 percent."

From CBS MarketWatch

markkus757 said:
You're right I don't remember A320s. I remember 73Gs in their colors.

Midway 2.0 had A320's initially when it started out; about a half-dozen if memory serves. Those were phased out as JI picked up about a dozen F100's; my guess is that the A320's were just too big for their routes. The 737-700's came to Midway pretty late; not until 1999 or 2000. You can see pictures of JI's 320's on airwhiners.net, of course.

sfb said:
Midway 2.0 had A320's initially when it started out; about a half-dozen if memory serves. Those were phased out as JI picked up about a dozen F100's; my guess is that the A320's were just too big for their routes. The 737-700's came to Midway pretty late; not until 1999 or 2000. You can see pictures of JI's 320's on airwhiners.net, of course.
[post="192941"][/post]​

JI 2.0 came to RDU with 4 F100s, within 6 months they had 8 F100's and 5 A-320s. After the first year and a half they phased out (two were taken back by lessors) the A320s and had a total of 13 F100s. Once Robert Ferguson took over, after a couple local investors injected $35mm and took control, they ordered a bunch of CRJs and soon after also ordered a dozen 737-700s and started to send the F100s back to their lessors. In 1999-2000, JI had F100s, CRJs, and 737Gs all at the same time. They lost their shirt on the F100s because no one wanted them. I still remember, at it's height JI 2.0 had 4 F100s, 28 CRJs, and 9 737Gs, its commuter partner Corporate Airlines had 8 ex Eagle J-32s.