Justify Syria

There has not been support for Iraq for a long long time. Long before Obama ever took office. We have 5,000 body bags and nothing to show for it. That is why there is no support. Obama could be having parades every day and I doubt it would change.

People are tired of the ME. I know I have no interest in intervening in Syria for numerous reasons. It's none of our business. No one there likes us. The out come is far from certain. We supported the ouster of Mubarak, they had a election (whether it was fair is up for debate) but they ended up with the MB who we do not like and does not like us and now Egypt is going top try it again.

I for get the saying but stupidity or insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different result. If history has any lessons, Syria will not turn out any differently than our previous ventures. If other countries have an issue with Syria, let them do something about it. Saudi Arabia has a few extra dollars sitting around, let them foot the bill and send in the troops. Their pilots could probably use the live fire experience. I'm tired of seeing US troops fighting other peoples wars when they have nothing at risk. No reason that I can see to have one more flag draped coffin come off a plane in Dover.

I'm baffled as to how launching cruise missiles and airstrikes against a country is not a an act of "war". Somehow I doubt the US would take such a view if somebody did that to us.

I'm baffled as to how launching cruise missiles and airstrikes against a country is not a an act of "war". Somehow I doubt the US would take such a view if somebody did that to us.

Well....we went into Iraq in 2003 because of an unprovoked attack they did on Kuwait in 1991....then we conducuted an unprovoked attack of Iraq in 2003. You supported that.....didn't you?

Well....we went into Iraq in 2003 because of an unprovoked attack they did on Kuwait in 1991....then we conducuted an unprovoked attack of Iraq in 2003. You supported that.....didn't you?

Along with Hitlery and the majority of Demorats................so what's your point then?

Since you're a little slow, my point being that acts of war can only be authorized by congress per Article 2 Section 8. Who is Obama . . .err God to act on his own? What a sad state we're in when the only way Congresscritters can communicate with the President is through press releases.

Since our voices of support or opposition are expressed through our elected officials, you and your party supported those war too. So, unfortunately, whether you agree with it or not, this is the way our government was defined by the Constitution.

Since you're a little slow, my point being that acts of war can only be authorized by congress per Article 2 Section 8. Who is Obama . . .err God to act on his own? What a sad state we're in when the only way Congresscritters can communicate with the President is through press releases.

Since our voices of support or opposition are expressed through our elected officials, you and your party supported those war too. So, unfortunately, whether you agree with it or not, this is the way our government was defined by the Constitution.
Bush went thru the motions. Got congress to approve invading Iraq after all other means were exhausted. The next day, apparently all means were exhausted. If they weren't why did Bush seem to indicate that an attack on America by Saddam was imminent, unless he planned to invoke the war powers act as his reason?

Did YOU really think Saddam posed a threat to folks in Des Moines, Omaha, Bakersfield, Macon, Chattanooga and Xenia?

Aren't the Syrian rebels Al Qaeda? I'd like to see Saudi ARMED FORCES involved in this. But....money talks, bullshit walks, and US troops die.

Not sure if they are Al Qaeda, but I do know that Hezbollah is fighting with the Syrian government. I also read that the UN is hesitant about involvement in Syria, so the US might go at it alone. China and Russia are opposed.

The Saudis are the biggest joke this side of Mecca. They are funding more terrorism against the West than any other country. They are perhaps the true cause of strife in the Middle East but they use their fake diplomacy to promote their agenda. In Europe they finagled a mass immigration of Muslims by promising lower oil prices that lasted until their quota was reached.

Bush went thru the motions. Got congress to approve invading Iraq after all other means were exhausted. The next day, apparently all means were exhausted. If they weren't why did Bush seem to indicate that an attack on America by Saddam was imminent, unless he planned to invoke the war powers act as his reason?

Did YOU really think Saddam posed a threat to folks in Des Moines, Omaha, Bakersfield, Macon, Chattanooga and Xenia?
Do YOU really think Assad poses a threat to Breakneck Connecticut, Weed California, Negrotown Knoll Florida or Kickapoo Kansas? Obama . . err God "seems to indicate" such.

Why did the Demorats agree to invade Iraq?.....................waiting..........

Perhaps it had something to do with bad intelligence, popular opinion and trying to save ones political ass?

Why did the Demorats agree to invade Iraq?.....................waiting..........

Election 101

Must get re-elected

Must appear strong on defense, and crime

Must not appear weak

Or you lose the next election, due to "swift-boating" or "willie hortoned"

Hard to talk about the future, and the issues, when the rhetoric and media attention, and that means the ranting heads and talk radio experts on everything, is focused elsewhere

Reality and reason no longer matter

Do YOU really think Assad poses a threat to Breakneck Connecticut, Weed California, Negrotown Knoll Florida or Kickapoo Kansas? Obama . . err God "seems to indicate" such.

That's my point knot....Obama is making the EXACT same mistake, and dare I say, telling the EXACT same lie that Bush did. The difference? One is a lying NIC and the other got us freedom fries.

One was the mood of the country. The other was that they agreed to invade Iraq only after exhausting all other means. We never broke a sweat with those other means. Also, the Congress of this country (thanks W) was comprised of partisan hacks and cowards that were more concerned about getting reelected. How were those who voted against going to war treated? The Goebbles propoganda machine was running at full power back then....if you weren't fer us, you were agin us.

Also you have to take into account that given the failures of Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt and Libya the people do not seem to believe that Syria will have a different outcome. So even if Obama is telling the truth it does not matter, no one wants to hear it. Secondly, the over riding concern for most politicians will be to get reelected. I do not think that is any different now than it was in 2003. One could argue that the attack on US soil gave Bush added leverage but other than that I do not see much difference.

Back