Knockout Game

Damn, you and Barry-O DO live in the past..............that song is 41 years old and no longer relevant...............kinda like you!

Top 10 Richest African Americans  

#1) Oprah Winfrey – The Richest African American
Net Worth: $2.8 Billion​
 ​
#2) Michael Jordan – One of the Richest African Americans
Net Worth: $650 million​
 ​
#3) Sean Combs aka Diddy
Net Worth: $550 million

#4) Robert Johnson
Net Worth: $550 Million

#5) Tiger Woods – Fifth Wealthiest African American
Net Worth: $500 million

#6) Earvin Johnson Jr.

#7) Shawn Carter aka Jay-Z
Net Worth: $450 million

#8) William Henry Cosby – One of Richest African Americans

#9) Sheila Johnson
Net Worth: $400 million

#10) R. Donahue Peebles
Net Worth: $350 Million

http://www.techscio.com/richest-african-americans/

Don't believe any of the above, attained their fortune, working the cotton fields...............Tree!

southwind said:
Top 10 Richest African Americans  

#1) Oprah Winfrey – The Richest African American
Net Worth: $2.8 Billion

#2) Michael Jordan – One of the Richest African Americans
Net Worth: $650 million

#3) Sean Combs aka Diddy
Net Worth: $550 million

#4) Robert Johnson
Net Worth: $550 Million

#5) Tiger Woods – Fifth Wealthiest African American

#6) Earvin Johnson Jr.

#7) Shawn Carter aka Jay-Z

#8) William Henry Cosby – One of Richest African Americans

#9) Sheila Johnson
Net Worth: $400 million

#10) R. Donahue Peebles
Net Worth: $350 Million

http://www.techscio.com/richest-african-americans/

Don't believe any of the above, attained their fortune, working the cotton fields...............Tree!
So?

Kev3188 said:
What if they're innocent?
You cannot handicap the justice system because some "may" be innocent. That is why we have a trial and a jury.

You will find most of these prisoners that are in for murder have a rap sheet as long as your arm.

My opinion has not changed.

Do you prefer the current situation where criminals have no fear of the law and violence in becoming more and more [SIZE=10.5pt]prevalent[/SIZE] in our society, how about where rapist and pedophiles are revolving door prisoners?

How would you feel if your child got molested or your wife got raped by someone that had already been in jail twice for that same crime?

What about the cost to the taxpayer to keep this filth in the prison system for decades at a time?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You cannot handicap the justice system because some "may" be innocent. That is why we have a trial and a jury.

You will find most of these prisoners that are in for murder have a rap sheet as long as your arm.

Do you prefer the current situation where criminals have no fear of the law and violence in becoming more and more prevalent[/size] in our society, how about where rapist and pedophiles are revolving door prisoners?

How would you feel if your child got molested or your wife got raped by someone that had already been in jail twice for that same crime?

What about the cost to the taxpayer to keep this filth in the prison system for decades at a time?
How would you feel if you or a loved one was convicted and executed for a crime committed but someone else?

How many executions of innocent people is acceptable? How many people wrongly convicted is acceptable?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I'm not advocating any sort of handicapping. I'm saying that as a society, we need to be ABSOLUTELY sure someone is 100% guilty of a capital crime before we strap 'em in.

Maybe, but only the last one is relevant (for this discussion, let's assume that they've already done the time for past offenses). Many murders are crimes of passion. Many of those cases involve people with otherwise clean sheets. Just sayin'...

That's cool. Mine either. :)

Do you prefer the current situation where criminals have no fear of the law and violence in becoming more and more prevalent[/size] in our society, how about where rapist and pedophiles are revolving door prisoners?

The current system is broken. We have a whole generation of people that basically raised themselves due to parents having to work more & more just to get by. The cycle of poverty arguments merit their own thread.

As a taxpayer, what I would prefer is people that deserve to be in prison be there. I have zero interest in locking up a guy that was growing weed, or someone that is in there for some other nominal crime, but thanks to mandatory minimums is stuck.

I would also prefer my tax dollars going to things to keep people out of jail in the first place; education, day care, job training, etc. If we're going to pay one way or the other- and we are- what's the better use of our funds? Something that will benefit society as a whole, or something that funds the prison industrial complex?

Beyond that we have a prison system based on profit. And if you think that does not influence sentencing I have a bridge to sell ......

Kev3188 said:
I'm not advocating any sort of handicapping. I'm saying that as a society, we need to be ABSOLUTELY sure someone is 100% guilty of a capital crime before we strap 'em in.

Maybe, but only the last one is relevant (for this discussion, let's assume that they've already done the time for past offenses). Many murders are crimes of passion. Many of those cases involve people with otherwise clean sheets. Just sayin'...

That's cool. Mine either. :)

The current system is broken. We have a whole generation of people that basically raised themselves due to parents having to work more & more just to get by. The cycle of poverty arguments merit their own thread.

As a taxpayer, what I would prefer is people that deserve to be in prison be there. I have zero interest in locking up a guy that was growing weed, or someone that is in there for some other nominal crime, but thanks to mandatory minimums is stuck.

I would also prefer my tax dollars going to things to keep people out of jail in the first place; education, day care, job training, etc. If we're going to pay one way or the other- and we are- what's the better use of our funds? Something that will benefit society as a whole, or something that funds the prison industrial complex?

Yep, the system is broken. There are many problems and no one agrees on solutions. People argue that taxes are too high but have no compulsion to sending an 18 year old (or older... :p ) kid to the slammer for being busted with weed, ruining his future earning prospects as well..
Our crime punishment (not rehab) structure is out of whack.
Here is a good read ----> Price of Prisons
Long but good insight. Check out page 12 for costs by state, annual cost per inmate, inmate population average per day.

Let's see how the Washington State and Colorado State legalization of marijuana works out. IMHO, it will be a win-win for public and gooberment (taxes).

IMHO, the DEA, prison complex and drug cartels are lobbyist bodies as well.  They will fight tooth and nail to keep the 'WAR' moving.
That's why we should not allow lobbyist AT ALL! They just corrupt our greedy politicians.

I guess we haven't learned anything from the prohibition of alcohol.
I'd rather spend my tax dollars on education and rehab rather than incarceration.
But that's just me.

We should probably make this a new thread as we have drifted quite a bit. :p

IMHO, violent crimes should be the 'most' punitive we can have.
But that should be another thread as well.

Enough of my rant... Happy New Year!
B) xUT

Damn. I actually agree with pretty much all of that.

I have toyed with the idea of two separate systems. One for hardened criminals with no hope of rehab mad a second system that focuses on rehab. The current system only trains better criminals. No benefit to anyone.

Ms Tree said:
Damn. I actually agree with pretty much all of that.

I have toyed with the idea of two separate systems. One for hardened criminals with no hope of rehab mad a second system that focuses on rehab. The current system only trains better criminals. No benefit to anyone.
Equality.
Read This----> Fort Worth, Texas -- Ethan Couch, a 16-year-old Texas boy who killed four people while driving drunk, has been sentenced to 10 years' probation after his defenders argued he was a victim of "affluenza" -- being raised by rich parents who set no limits.

Mixed on this one. Maybe Momma & Papa should do some time... :B

Back