Lasers In The Cockpit?

The U.S. military is planning a final demonstration Friday night of a ground-based laser system designed to warn pilots who have flown into restricted airspace over the nation's capital.

During the demonstration of the Visual Warning System, a test aircraft will be illuminated with alternating red and green laser lights, said Michael Kucharek, spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command.

"It's an attention-getter, but it's not blinding," Kucharek said. "It's not a distraction. So pilots can still focus on flying the aircraft without endangering anyone or themselves."

CNN Article

I'm not sure of my feelings on this. I am sure that the briefings would cover more than this article, but I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1) How much notice does this actually give a pilot who may have strayed into the restricted airspace?
2)Will this confuse a pilot causing him/her to fly deeper into a restricted airspace? Meaning, "Green Light"=turn left "Red Light"= turn right etc...
3)Is it a steady light or a series of burst?

If anyone is involved with the testing/implementation of this project I would love some more details without stepping over the sensitive information line. If anyone has been "lit-up" by this system, give your shout as well.

I wonder if they are gonna install this "wonderful' system in the P-39 airspace(Bush's Texas Ranch)? Will the warning(s) be expanded to 30 nm when the president is present?