Layoffs in Pit announced

Nobody seems to be talking about this little hint...actually telling you how much time base Mtc has left in Pit.

The quote out of the article.... "American officials promised they would keep about 700 maintenance jobs in Pittsburgh for at least a year but offered no guarantee beyond that, said Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald".

LINK
http://triblive.com/business/headlines/5477354-74/airways-american-center#axzz2rkuOjW3a

The article is wrong, there arent 700 maintenance jobs in PIT.

Contractually there are 675 protected jobs between CLT and PIT Heavy maintenance.

And as long as there isnt a new PMUS CBA, PIT is protected.

With the new AA nothing is protected, CBA or not. AA always seems to get their way with the help of the union leadership that is not held accountable to the members.

Are you that dense?

The IAM/US CBA is in full effect, if its violated, by saying closing PIT its a major dispute and will be taken to Federal Court, we have been down this road before.

And US is running the show, not AA.

To all the mechanics in Pittsburgh if any of you get effected by this merger it won't be because the IAM failed it will be because of the new AA and the way they plan on conducting business.

Your boss along with the mgmt at AA have a plan, what ever is going to be the best cost effective way of doing business is the way it will get done. CBA or not. The TWU/IAM alliance leaders have been in meetings with the New AA and have made long term plans as to what stations and dept. will be kept, moved, or eliminated. Just because they do work on the airbus there in Pitt. with the addition of airbuses to AA fleet it's safe. They will not need any Heavy checks for yrs. 

Just like our Base Tulsa, as we shed aircraft, (retire them) some will have to relocate or get laid off. Taking jobs at line stations in other states it is just part of the industry. Pitt was a major station for you in the past but now its a shell of itself. How many jobs were lost? Nothing is safe.

The flight schedules and ops centers will in time be merged into one system, which ever works best for the airline. maintenance will be streamlined with agreement with airbus and Boeing.  Maintenance procedures will change as well didn't they when you merged with AW? The AA name is going to stay, and the way AA does things for the most part will stay.

Pass riding, and what ever holidays and rates of pay will get changed as well. Some when a JCBA is done others before. Like it or not again, just part of the airline business.
Most of you have been around long enough to know that the company wins. Two (2) bk's and a merger with AW, some or all employees lost things that we all enjoyed for yrs. 

At AA we had our pension frozen, Pilots/FA/Ground workers everyone. AA will not pay into the IAM pension plan and not give its own employees a pension so as sad as it is plan on some time when it is all said and done that plan will be stopped as well.

The TWU didn't fight for it here at AA so what makes you think the alliance will fight for it later either, or that AA will continue to pay into it after the JCBA is negotiated.

CLT , PHL,  PITT, TUL, PHX, something is going to change operating cost will not stay the same no matter what the IAM tells you. TWU/IAM alliance not a good thing when it comes down to it. Maybe there will be a package that some of us will take that will make room for the younger guys to keep their job.

The industry has changed its not the industry we knew when most of us started many yrs ago.

I wish all of you the best and hope that the damage to your lives comes at a minimum.
But expect the worst, it is coming. Just read what is going on over on the AA part of this forum. Get involved know what is coming and prepare for it. Don't just be complacent sit back and take it. The IAM/TWU alliance has made an agreement and rules to insure they survive, this was done without your say so or ours. Just how much faith do you have that they will be looking out for your best interest?

Don't let the IAM use scare tactics, it is all about dues,and the survival of the union leadership.  The dist lodge officers will say just about anything, just like our TWU Intl.

Reactions: 3 people

700UW said:

The article is wrong, there arent 700 maintenance jobs in PIT.

Contractually there are 675 protected jobs between CLT and PIT Heavy maintenance.

And as long as there isnt a new PMUS CBA, PIT is protected.

Are you that dense? The article did not say 700 IAM jobs

usairways_vote_NO said:

Are you that dense? The article did not say 700 IAM jobs
Guess you dont know how to read:

http://triblive.com/business/headlines/5477354-74/airways-american-center#axzz2rkuOjW3a

From the article:

American officials promised they would keep about 700 maintenance jobs in Pittsburgh for at least a year but offered no guarantee beyond that, said Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald.

Did I say IAM jobs in my post nope?

And Maintenance is IAM covered work, read the CBA.

700UW said:
Are you that dense?

The IAM/US CBA is in full effect, if its violated, by saying closing PIT its a major dispute and will be taken to Federal Court, we have been down this road before.

And US is running the show, not AA.
Yup they sure are. So far USAir announced layoffs, relocations. DP running the show? Correct he is. DP started at AA 1986. Ran HP then came over to USAir. Now back at AA. The new company stock ticker is AAG, abbreviation for?
The name on the aircraft of the new AA that DP is running is?
USAir has a 28% stake in the New AA. Who has the majority? Not USAir because its a merger.
All new Aircraft deliveries that USAir is getting will be painted with the New AA scheme.
Travel policy changed to the AA way. FCFS
DP not negotiating with the IAM, but made deals with all the AA unions before the merger.
Did I leave anything out? 
Feel free to add to the list.

As far as violating the current CBA in a major way it will be tied up in legal mumbo jumbo and before you know it either a new CBA or a JCBA will be negotiated.
Thats the American way or should I say the NEW American Way.

So far the way I see things moving along DP is shrinking USAir.
As far as A/C maintenance we have either hired off the street or taken upgrades at AA.

OK enough of the who is running the show.
My point based on past experiences with the company unions on the floor contracts will be violated or amended and deals will be made to avoid arbitration or worse. That is and will continue to be the American way. Very Sad but it is common place. Welcome to the NEW American. Oh BTW I forgot you do not work for USAir anymore.

US hasnt announced layoffs, there is a no furlough clause, they announced cuts, not layoffs.

US Air doesnt exist, hasnt since 1996.

28% of the stock was issued to US Airways stock holders and 72% went to AA stockholders and creditors, so neither US or AA owns AAG, AAG owns both US and AA, you better stick to fixing planes than figuring out the merger.

And the majority of the executives and CEO are PMUS not PMAA.

AAG is short for the American Airlines Groups, US Airways and American are two separate companies, owned by the same holding company.

AAG is a publicly owned and traded company.

Travel policy is not changed yet and the AFA, CWA and IAM have all filed grievance and there are two precedent grievance all ready on file.

US Airways deliveries wont be painted in AA colors till at the earliest June or July.

And 700UW is being painting right now in the new livery, I guess you cant figure out that right by the Main Entry Door it says :"Operated by US Airways"

I see you dont know much, and US in the past violated our CBA and the IAM went to Federal Court and got a TRO to stop it, and the IAM won in Federal Court and in arbitration.

The NMB schedules the talks, not US and not the IAM.

And AA can farmout 35% of all of the maintenance budget, at US they can only farmout 50% of billable hours of heavy, at AA line can be farmed out, at US it cant.

Like I said, dont let the facts get in your way.

700UW who think he knows it all about the industry speaks.  Just look at every thread and every carrier he puts his two cents into. He then comes back with some type of insult like can't you read or understand. Look at the CBA. Like USAirways never violated the contract. They fear the IAM, and what they will do that is why you don't have a contract now. No Fear of the IAM. Hows the O/T ban doing there?

He actually thinks that the IAM is and always will be at USAirways/AA it won't be the union that will be on the property when it is all said and done, that will be determined by the AA employees.

We the mechanics would like to see the IAM/TWU alliance killed, WE hope that the mechanics at US join us to fight the industrial union bs that has plagued our class and craft.

The operated by US will be short lived as well but the paint of US will be gone along with the name. Cuts layoffs how ever its worded some one will have to either relocate take another job or they will be laid off. What ever is in your CBA as far as cuts can and will be done, no matter what the IAM or its supporters say. AA will just do it and say see you in court. AA is not going to let a grievance get settled by anyone with out legal battle.
No matter what their background. AA has very deep pockets and lots of pull. The IAM had lots of clout in the past, when they represented a large number of carriers.
Those days are in the past and so is the power. 

US Air/USAiways will be history just like America West, Eastern, PanAm, Air Florida,
TWA, Continental, NorthWest, Northeast, Peoples Express and all the others. We all have seen what happens at the airlines we have lived it.   June/July when ever, the paint colors of USAir are going away.

American is in total control no matter what.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
US hasnt announced layoffs, there is a no furlough clause, they announced cuts, not layoffs.

US Air doesnt exist, hasnt since 1996.

28% of the stock was issued to US Airways stock holders and 72% went to AA stockholders and creditors, so neither US or AA owns AAG, AAG owns both US and AA, you better stick to fixing planes than figuring out the merger.
And the majority of the executives and CEO are PMUS not PMAA.

AAG is short for the American Airlines Groups, US Airways and American are two separate companies, owned by the same holding company.

AAG is a publicly owned and traded company.

Travel policy is not changed yet and the AFA, CWA and IAM have all filed grievance and there are two precedent grievance all ready on file.

US Airways deliveries wont be painted in AA colors till at the earliest June or July.

And 700UW is being painting right now in the new livery, I guess you cant figure out that right by the Main Entry Door it says :"Operated by US Airways"

I see you dont know much, and US in the past violated our CBA and the IAM went to Federal Court and got a TRO to stop it, and the IAM won in Federal Court and in arbitration.

The NMB schedules the talks, not US and not the IAM.

And AA can farmout 35% of all of the maintenance budget, at US they can only farmout 50% of billable hours of heavy, at AA line can be farmed out, at US it cant.

Like I said, dont let the facts get in your way.
And who is your current employer?

Would you care to wager some money on that?

I am self-employed.

And you wont find my name in the IAMAW's LM-2.

And why do you all make it about me?

The topic isnt 700UW.