Layoffs in Pit announced

swamt,

The merger has nothing to do with the cuts, they cant take the track and move it to TUL, the last 734 had its heavy check done late last year, so tracks opened up in CLT and some of the bus work was moved to CLT.

And everyone at US knows the writing is on the wall and the company is trying to get the language that forces them to maintain PIT heavy.

Reactions: 1 person
You make it sound like its ok.  It's not.  The ending maint should have been replaced with other maint, mods, or special visits, something other than forced moves and/or layoffs.  This is just the beginning and the start of more to come after the merger...

swamt said:
You make it sound like its ok.  It's not.  The ending maint should have been replaced with other maint, mods, or special visits, something other than forced moves and/or layoffs.  This is just the beginning and the start of more to come after the merger...
I have never said it was ok, show me where I said that.

And there is a no furlough clause, I posted it from the IAM/US CBA.

US's fleet is relatively young except for the 767s, 757s, and the older A320 family.

Average fleet age is 12.1 years, and considering the Airbus narrow body is the majority of the fleet, they undergo a phased C-Check, which the last one is three to five days and dont need an HMV S-Check from anywhere from 5 to 6 years,depending on when it was built.

The 757, 767, and A330's undergo an annual HMV visit and the A330s alos undergo a 5 to 6 year S-Check, depending on when the plane was built.

US does 50% or more of billable hours in HMV in-house, can you say the same about DL, UA or WN?

And DL is cutting 54 jobs in DTW, where are you comments about that?

BP:
If they cant hold PIT anymore in any bid area, they are free to bump into any location where mtc is staffed, where their seniority can hold.

nonrev said:
Announced today that one of the 3 tracks left in Pit (Mid Dock) is gone. 48 mechanics, 5 lead mechanics and 5 supervisors. Being we only have a little over 300 mechanics left there that is one hell of a hit. An early retirement incentive will be offered to mimimize the impact of people bumping into Philly. They said all along that the head count between Pit and CLT was over by 115 so this was of no surprize. Expect CLT to do the same type of layoff. Much more coming but I would get my head smacked for posting it on here. Good luck everyone!
Where is this announcement originating from??

We all knew MOC was going to DFW, along with all the OCC in PIT.

The M&R CBA states if your work is moved, you can move with your job or bump down.

Still waiting for "official" word from the IAM at my station on the cuts.  I love it how we have not seen one thing in writing from the IAM about the reductions.  Oh right, the supposed cuts came out on Friday after the IAM went home for the weekend!!  Guess I will look for the update Tues or Wed.....Just Pathetic!!!  Guessing we are lucky to have social media sites such as these to keep members informed on what is going on with the company....

I even checked LL1976, PIT local for some info...Nada....did see some pics of lots of member smiling and giving thumbs up from the "Victory" picnic after the IAW vs IBT election.....Curious to see how many of them will be smiling like that come March....

Hearing unofficially that the abolishment paper work will have been turned in and choices of whether to bump or take a furlough will have been made.  In other words the movement will begin and members will be arriving at their new locations....

CLT Heavy might be increasing headcount, seems they are going to two tracks of heavy and then more drop-in work.

So in reality with the new planes and the 734 retirements, PIT and CLT both lost one track each, but CLT is going to be doing a line of mods and drop ins.

[SIZE=12pt]Summary of 2014 Line Maintenance Mechanic Movements Required[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]STA                 Current           Target              Change[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]CLT                 302                   358                   +56[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]DCA                 77                      89                    +12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]FLL                  25                      28                    +3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]MCO                38                      44                    +6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]SAN                 21                       0                      -21[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]SEA                 11                      17                    +6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LGA                 28                      29                    +1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]BOS                 70                      79                    +9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]DFW                22                      23                    +1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]SFO                 21                      23                    +2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]PHL                 351                 361                   +10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]PHX                 391                 396                   +5[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]ORD                 23                    24                    +1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LAX                 73                     76                    +3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Don't know why PIT wasn't on this list...[/SIZE]

Reactions: 2 people
What about heavy?

So in the long run, its a gain of jobs.

Everyone can see the writing on the wall for PIT Heavy.

Did not realize the company had that many "Line Maintenance" mechanics in PHX?  Thanks for the info!!!

Latest posts