Lcc's What A Bunch Of Bull....

700UW said:
Go ask BOA or Goodrich why they moved to CLT for their HDQs.

BofA never "moved" to Charlotte. BofA was purchased by Charlotte-based NationsBank, formerly NCNB, which then chose to take the Bank of America name, as it had better recognition.

For a city its size CLT has more non-stop destinations then any other city as the same size.

It also has significantly lower O&D traffic than most cities its size. Nashville, Austin, New Orleans, and Hartford have more O&D passengers than Charlotte in spite of being located in smaller metro areas.

Having a high-fare hub is a double-edged sword. It attracts certain businesses who need to have non-stop service to many palces, but it also deters businesses who are unwilling to pay high airfares.

DELTA IS SUCKING THE O&D OUT OF CLT USING GSO, GSP, HKY, RDU .... cause this company dosn't realize the only way to stop them is to go head to head with them in all 5 markets. CLT locals are flying Delta out of GSO by the thousands.

coachrowsey said:
I can't prove it, but I think the parking lots at CLT would beg to differ.
[post="279184"][/post]​

Boy, isn't that the truth! I half expect them to open an annex lot in Gaston County.

IM telling you, Delta is filling MD-80's up all day long GSO-ATL with passengers that are driving from CLT to save a buck. Also Airtran is no longer in the picture.

I wonder what Delta's responce would be if someone started flying 10 mainline A/C out of Augusta, Macon or Columbus GA. to another eastcoast hub with fares just low enough to suck O&D out of ATL. Do you think they would cut back there service in those markets????

Latest posts

Back