Less Aircraft

Mike

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Updated:2006-12-04 10:23:57
JetBlue Airways Cuts Back Jet Orders
AP
NEW YORK (Dec. 4) - Discount airline JetBlue Airways Inc. on Monday said it has cut back four years' worth of orders of Embraer 190 jets and reduced its expectations for capacity growth next year.

JetBlue scaled down its aircraft supply contracts for 2007 through 2010 to 10 E190 planes per year from an original order of 18 per year.

The airline expects capacity growth of 14 percent to 17 percent next year, down from an earlier estimate of 18 percent to 20 percent. The airline industry measures capacity in available seat miles.

Chief Executive David Neeleman said the changes reflect the company's plans for more "targeted growth," directed at the airline's home base operations at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and along the East Coast.

JetBlue announced firm orders for 10 E190 jets in 2011 and 11 jets each in 2012 and 2013, plus options.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Hate to say it but this is yet another sign of impending financial peril.

The growth plan IMO was planned on US Airways not being around today and as we've seen it is around and generating profit.

or.......................
could they be making room for shuttle planes?

JetBlue expresses interest in Delta/US Airways assets

Dec 06, 2006 (AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION via COMTEX) -- JetBlue Airways

(Nasdaq:JBLU) has expressed an interest in landing slots and gates potentially

divested if there is a merger between US Airways and Delta Air Lines.

JetBlue's CEO David Neeleman has said that the carrier is "interested in assets,

obviously". He also added yesterday (5 November) that those of particular

interest are at LaGuardia and Reagan National Airport in Washington, DC, Reuters

reported.

or.......................
could they be making room for shuttle planes?

JetBlue expresses interest in Delta/US Airways assets

Dec 06, 2006 (AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION via COMTEX) -- JetBlue Airways

(Nasdaq:JBLU) has expressed an interest in landing slots and gates potentially

divested if there is a merger between US Airways and Delta Air Lines.
JetBlue's CEO David Neeleman has said that the carrier is "interested in assets,

obviously". He also added yesterday (5 November) that those of particular

interest are at LaGuardia and Reagan National Airport in Washington, DC, Reuters

reported.
I would think if that was their plan to use planes for a possible 'shuttle', they would use the 190s. If that be the case, they would not put off any deliveries. My gut feelings are two things, it is a very tight and competitive market they are dealing with and the other is 'Paying the Bills'. Let me also add, I doubt this merger thing will fly, just MHO.

Back