Let me get this straight....

----------------
On 4/15/2003 5:17:35 PM Hopeful wrote:

Who would like to bet that when we go to bankruptcy court, the APFA will feel the LEAST PAIN?

----------------​
You are exactly right. Time will tell. I bet APFA ends up with a better deal in the long run.

Who would like to bet that when we go to bankruptcy court, the APFA will feel the LEAST PAIN?

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:55:49 PM Segue wrote:

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:20:33 PM airlineorphan wrote:

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:15:06 PM Segue wrote:

If AA does go into Chapter 11, it will ultimately contribute to a further lowering of the bar for all airline employees accross the industry.

----------------​

From our experience at US Airways, and from the noise Carty has been making lately, AMR will file Chapter 11 whether or not it gets these yes votes.

I am sorry we started the process of lowering the bar.

In solidarity,
-Airlineorphan

----------------​

The one thing the airline industry lacks......Rational Minds.

Hmmmm....the industry is in a crisis like it has never seen in its history. I wonder if that has anything to do with the need to lower costs?

----------------​

One person''s "rationality" is another person''s insanity.

I never said there wasn''t a crisis. The crisis is real. But the graft is unbelievable.

And any time there is crisis, any resolution gets balanced on the backs of the people who do the work, while the people who made the bad business decisions line their pockets.

If there were a true sharing of the sacrifice in the industry and a true accounting for all of the wreckless management decisions, I would support some sort of sacrifice on the part of employees, but this is extortion on a grand scale.

If injustice is rational, I''m happy to be called irrational.

-Airlineorphan

----------------
On 4/15/2003 5:17:35 PM Hopeful wrote:

----------------​

I''d be happy to bet that you''re wrong, but only if measured against the TA on the table.

Just because APA took X% and TWU took Y% and APFA took Z%, you really can''t say that one felt more pain than the other did. They were already at different places in comparison to their peers in the marketplace, and those benchmarks are still shifting.