Let's Take A Look At The Military Records

KCFlyer said:
Think about this....in the course of daily radio talk show, only a handful of people get thru. And those that do have been carefully screened. Are you getting a truly representative sampling? Is this person national or local? If national, might I ask who he is? If local, are there THAT many people from your area serving in Iraq? And finally, if NWA/AMT were to call into this show, do you think he'd make it on the air?
[post="195437"][/post]​
I am sure that Bush and Cheney are getting thru as many times as they want.
I wonder how many voices they can do.

Fred, I think KC had it right when he said you only hear and post your own bias. That is ok, Just admit it.

You know how many people believe something negative, when they hear it? Quite a few do. I think it is just the mistrust of our nation to any negative news. Sometimes I go to Urban ledgends just to see if some of the stuff I hear shows up there.

KCFlyer said:
Come to think of it, I have heard opposing voices on Hannity's show. The problem is, when they make a point, Hannity tends to take over the conversation and the caller is usually dropped. He end's it with something about liberals. But....this is something to ponder...if Jesus were walking among us today, would he be a conservative or a liberal? My guess is that he'd be one holding the "anti" stance on Hannity's show.
[post="195440"][/post]​
the only problem here with you digesting what i intimated is the hannity spot i mentioned is live from some beer garden wherever they broadcast from...so how unbiased can that be?
and besides that , he has some chicky named "flipper" for her lib convictions do the live feed....so now what do you say...its quite evident none have heard what i convey.....
unknown to ye...hannity employs both races...democrat and republican....
does this make him 'racially correct'?
:shock:

atabuy said:
Politics is a dirty business and I am glad I do not have to work in it.
I read tonight that 58,000 absintee ballots are missing in Fla. I did not read the story, but if this is true we won't know who is the new president Nov. 2 if this keeps up.

Good night.
[post="195667"][/post]​

This is very similar to a couple counties in Ohio that are predominately democratic that have more registered voters than the population of the county. One of these "new" voters that the democrats signed up has been dead for 20 years.

Meanwhile, in Nevada, a voter registration firm hired by the Republicans was caught throwing away registrations from Democrats. Seems like up to 20,000 of them may have been discarded.

In Oregon, the same company tried to operate under the name of a Democrat organization while working for the Republicans and is suspected by the state of having thrown away Democrat registrations there as well.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=...95&nav=168XRvNe

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf...regonian?yedcds

Meanwhile, the Ohio case is not exactly what has been reported here, as is evident from the Cleveland and Cincinnati papers:

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/...56079122653.xml

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/10/2...hallenge28.html

Apparently the criteria used by the Republicans to determine which voters were eligibile and which weren't was whether Republican mailings sent to those voters were returned by the post office, which hardly meets the prima facie requirements to qualify as voter fraud.

Apparently the criteria used by the Republicans to determine which voters were eligibile and which weren't was whether Republican mailings sent to those voters were returned by the post office, which hardly meets the prima facie requirements to qualify as voter fraud.

I think it is safe to say that the election system needs an overhaul.... there is obviously dirty work being done by both sides to screw with the official counts - it makes me sick just to think about it. It goes against the very principles this nation stands on, and it needs to stop. Karmatically speaking, I hope those who mess with the election process, regardless of what side they're on, get theirs someday.

USAir757 said:
I think it is safe to say that the election system needs an overhaul.... there is obviously dirty work being done by both sides to screw with the official counts - it makes me sick just to think about it. It goes against the very principles this nation stands on, and it needs to stop. Karmatically speaking, I hope those who mess with the election process, regardless of what side they're on, get theirs someday.
[post="195888"][/post]​

I completely agree. Every allegation of election fraud should be treated seriously, but the volume of partisan protests this time, from both sides, threatens the viability of the entire system. If we do not have an election system that all sides can have faith in, that is above reproach, we might as well hang it up and see if the British will take us back.

The cover page of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel today is reporting that the Broward county elections office is overnighting over 16,000 absentee ballots that were "lost" in the mail. The writing is on the wall.... if it comes down to Florida again, it's going to be deja vu all over again.

"Broward Supervisor of Elections Dr. Brenda Snipes reiterated on Thursday that her office had followed standard procedure in mailing the thousands of missing ballots and, while she was concerned, she could not 'control the post office'."

HERE WE GO AGAIN! :down:

Here is a story under Bush's watch. As he said before, the buck stops here.
I would ask; what kind of intelligence is working in Iraq?
This can cost a lot more lives and could account for those we have lost already.
There is no excuse for this and whoever was responsible should be held accountable.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...htm&floc=NW_1-T
Group Warned U.S. of Unsecured Weapons

By WILLIAM J. KOLE
VIENNA, Austria (AP) - Human Rights Watch said Saturday it alerted the U.S. military to a cache of hundreds of warheads containing high explosives in Iraq in May 2003, but that officials seemed uninterested and still hadn't secured the site 10 days later.

Here is a story under Bush's watch. As he said before, the buck stops here.

If someone drops a jar of tomato sauce in aisle three, are you going to fire the president of Safeway Supermarkets? Put it in perspective. "The buck stops here" argument doesn't work, not in Abu Graib, and certainly not in this article.

USAir757 said:
If someone drops a jar of tomato sauce in aisle three, are you going to fire the president of Safeway Supermarkets? Put it in perspective.
[post="196764"][/post]​

In perspective? Is the tomato sauce highly explosive and probably being used to attack US troops by people who oppose Safeway's occupation of Kroger?

"The buck stops here" argument doesn't work, not in Abu Graib, and certainly not in this article.

One of the principles of command is that you are responsible for the actions of your subordinates, not just when they succeed but also when they fail. While I don't expect Bush to review patrol reports for every squad patrol conducted, he does set the goals and priorities for the organizations involved and does set the overall tone for the operation.

In perspective? Is the tomato sauce highly explosive and probably being used to attack US troops by people who oppose Safeway's occupation of Kroger?

I heard the stuff was gone before the war even started. Either way, when the US Marine helicopter crashed in Kosovo killing all 5 soldiers on board, I didn't point any fingers at President Clinton. The president isn't personally responsible for every single bad thing that happens...

One of the principles of command is that you are responsible for the actions of your subordinates, not just when they succeed but also when they fail. While I don't expect Bush to review patrol reports for every squad patrol conducted, he does set the goals and priorities for the organizations involved and does set the overall tone for the operation.

I agree with that statement. With the key words being "overall tone". Not the small details. If Kerry is elected, you can bet I will not be bad mouthing him when there are failings of the United States armed forces. To me it is a non-partisan issue. And both of them (Bush and Kerry), IMHO, are making asses of themselves trying to use this whole thing for political gain.

Los Angeles Times article

USAir757 said:
I heard the stuff was gone before the war even started.
[post="196823"][/post]​

I think you're talking about a different arms cache than the one reported by Human Rights Watch referred to by atabuy. Also, the footage from KSTP in MSP shot at that facility raises serious questions regarding the theory that the explosives at Al QaQaa were missing before the war started.

Either way, when the US Marine helicopter crashed in Kosovo killing all 5 soldiers on board, I didn't point any fingers at President Clinton.

But, as we've seen in this forum, many did and still do.

The president isn't personally responsible for every single bad thing that happens...

No, but he does set the priorities for the people who command the troops. We managed to place guards on the Oil Ministry in Baghdad as soon as it was overrun, yet many known arms caches remained unguarded for weeks, even months, after we took control.

The military doesn't need to be told about the need to secure such arms caches, but they do need to be free to do so rather than pursuing political objectives elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back