Let's vote for leather seats

Upgrade to new cabin coach leather seats all jets?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Leave fabric alone

• Total voters
Now it is not america west anymore, why would you use a logo for a company who's livery is being phased out?

How about an improved F product rather than spending money on Y seats that people pay $98 for.

Now it is not america west anymore, why would you use a logo for a company who's livery is being phased out?
It's only an example picture.

The leather seats have been shown to be more cost effective in the long run.......easier to clean, easier to wipe up a spill and not have to MEL a seat because it's wet, they hold up longer, etc. The company has stated that the matter is under review by the Interior Engineers and has been for quite a while. Maybe they will be replaced on an attrition basis.

I rather have a pay raise and my vacation back than leather seats!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvthe9, we offer goodies like leather seats and a few other simple little things and get the flying public flying with us for both leisure and business...you may get your pay raise and vacation back. Alot of other carriers have already gone leather, it's so much more comfortable and as Airwomen said it is easier to clean and keep nice. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to make money...remember, passengers are finicky! Remember luvthe9, it's about the pax and revenue not what an employee would rather have! :rolleyes:

Actually if you look at US's F/C the seats are filthy ie. ink stains.

The cloth seat covers are cheaper, easier to launder and easier to change.

Don't compare our F/C class to how it should look. I have been on alot of other carriers and their leather looks great. They must clean theirs. Leather looks better, wears longer and you don't have to worry about laundering it. Most accidents can be cleaned by simply wiping it clean. Your correct about our F/C but then again it's rather old and should have never been grey. The leather I see in other cabins are a nice dark rich color that hides marks. Sorry 700, I vote for leather. The time of badly fitting cloth covers that look old and need more maintenace has past. The initial cost will be higher but over time it will be more cost effective with longer lasting, easy maintenance and customer satisfaction! :up:

Another question is do the cushions need to be totally change out the seatback and bottom cushions to accomadate the leather?

I remember when we switched the whole fleet's seatback and cushion change, and that was a very time consuming process not to mention the costs. (Glory Mods) as they were called.

What about seatback TV? There were plans to have this installed is that still the case? I agree that the seats should be a dark color the Grey seats on USA-E fleet are all marked up from pen. I like the change on the bulkheads to the plastic wall cover rather than the carpet. People refuse to keep their feet off the walls (so rude) and the carpet was looking really bad.