Letter to pilots from Dave!

There is nothing left to take from most of the other employee groups. That is why they still most trim the 'fat' where they can. This will make us a better company. Sometimes good medicine is hard to take, but it is still good for you.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/16/2003 10:08:41 PM ONTHESTREET wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/16/2003 8:00:40 PM savyinvestor wrote:

I don't understand the pilot"inferno". From the letter it sounds like the pension will be there one way or the other. Whats the beef?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mgmts. track record does not bode well for "Taking them at their word".

To be frank, CWA does not trust him, IAM does not trust him, AFA does not trust him, and ALPA does not trust him.

So far everytime was "The last concession". Pilots are up to what 3 rounds now...or is it four? U managment is kind of like the junkie doing his "last" hit.......no really this is the last.....no really really this is the last!!

I doubt they are done with the CWA and IAM yet either.

Meanwhile U is still throwing money away all over the place. Pee-Poor scheduling, double crews, I think thay have monkeys making the route structures.

U basically has the labor costs of Southwest now, not quite but getting close. It seems to me that if you want to save an airline you would look to the one that is actually making money. Instead U seems stuck on the RJ savior track.....Not working for UA, Nor American, or Delta.... All losing money by the truckload.

On the otherhand, Jetblue...Point to point, no rj's doing decent. Southwest...not one RJ, now much bigger than U and MAKING MONEY!!!!

I keep hearing about labor costs....I know a SouthWest 737 Capt. that is pulling in 175,000 a year. they are a little light in the pension dept. but it is coming. U pilots are about on par with Luv now. (Actually U is paid a little less for the narrowbody stuff now I think)

It seems to me that we should look to the moneymaker for inspiration....not the rest of the also rans!

Come on Dave.....show us what ya got!!!!!! I will take Southwest pay and work rules...just quit blowing sunshine up my rear!!!!!
----------------

You are correct! AFA does not trust this management at their word. Remember in October, management said they wold NOT go to labor for the $200 million they needed because of a "revenue decline that was under forcasted".

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 3:49:37 PM pitguy wrote:

There is nothing left to take from most of the other employee groups. That is why they still most trim the 'fat' where they can. This will make us a better company. Sometimes good medicine is hard to take, but it is still good for you.
----------------

How about taking some "fat" from this group...Senior Management. I read that in the hearing yesterday they were asking the judge to save there "stock" when we emerge from bankruptcy. Again, management's "me, me, I, I, need this in order to "retain" my lavish style of living, other wise, I just may leave....

Please! Management IS the group to trim much "fat" AND management again just PROMOTED three individuals in Inflight and one in senior mangement. But, I am sure if any one questions this they will make excuses that they are just positions that are taking more responsibilities than they had before.....

Latest posts