Letter to UAL Board of Directors

I could be wrong, but I dont think the majority of the US folks want the merger Heck Dougie cant even complete the fiasco mess he created 3 yrs ago with the acquisition of US by HP. I for one dont want a merger with UAL

No one wants a merger with anyone... Parker expected the pilot groups to be under one contract by now. The Delta merger failure and the Nicolau disaster shattered that timetable. Now UAUA and everybody else need to get together in order to survive.

Get used to the new order of things... we are all in this together.

have it your way....to get their mitts on some of UAs pacific and europe markets

btw, we all say 'stupid' things at various times...and yes, even flight attendants...but if you were referring to me, I'm not a flight attendant.

have it your way....to get their mitts on some of UAs pacific and europe markets

btw, we all say 'stupid' things at various times...and yes, even flight attendants...but if you were referring to me, I'm not a flight attendant.

if someone was hot for 'europe flying', wouldnt they be better off at the airline that flies to more europe destinations (us airways)? or is it more exciting to fly more seats to fewer places? flight attendants say really stupid things
I could be wrong about this, but I believe UA has more transatlantic ASMs than LCC. Plus, UA has higher staffing levels (i.e., 777s and 747s have more F/As than 767s or 330s). Therefore I would think there are more opportunities to fly to Europe at UA, because on a given day UA has more F/As than LCC going across the Atlantic.

If you still have UAL stock, or not, the letter to the BOD is from UAUA Shareholder Advocates

Dear UAL BOD

{so on and so forth}

Furthermore, we see absolutely no benefit in merging with US Airways. Not only is its financial condition more precarious than UAL’s, but its employees have been mired in a two and a half year-long battle resulting from the America West merger. More importantly, US Airway brings no international flying to the business. We urge the board to pursue more meaningful code-share agreements within the U.S. to bolster its Atlantic inventory.

As shareholders of United Airlines we implore you to take the steps necessary to finally transform the company into a sustainably profitable company where employees and management pull on the same end of the rope. It is our, the industry’s, and Wall Street’s opinion that this cannot and will not happen under the misguided leadership of Messrs. Tilton and McDonald.

Let me tell you what will happen if you do NOT merge with US AIRWAYS

First of all no other major airline will merge with you , this means that your going to continue status quo , and for you that means “no return on investment “

Each and everyday that passes the price of oil continues to creep higher and higher , that means you’ll go further into the red putting you ever closer to that next BK …

In fact everyday that you delay merging is more time lost that could be better spent rearranging routes and cutting capacity within the system … I can see it now , you’ll decline this merger and then a year and half later when your REALLY hurting you’ll come running back to the table to try and make this happen , but by THAT time so much damage will have been done to both companies that even if both parties wanted to merge it might either not be possible or have very little chance for success .

If you don’t merge with US AIRWAYS you won’t inherit the renown merger team of Doug Parker and crew , instead you’ll be stuck with the management that you now have in place .

Look united investors , mergers are not easy , there’s no magic wand that can be waved to make everything run smoothly , and while US Airways and UNITED might not be optimal candidates for the current times we find ourselves facing , it’s the best choice given all of the variables . Airlines are notorious for declaring Bankruptcy , just about everyone has done it now , do you really want to chance seeing your investments disappear under the shield of the courts ?

The choice remains up to each and every one of you , but I urge those of you in the investment community to look for yourselves at the turn around at US AIRWAYS …

Join us in a new brighter future in a combine airline .

Freedom .

(after reading Freedom's post)

:mf_boff:

This just in: A slew of UAL employees were found jumping out of the nearest windows they could find after finding out their future depends on the new and improved US Airways.

THIS JUST,JUST,JUST IN!!: UAL will no longer seek to merge with LCC - - after thousands of employees hurled themselves out of windows following recent developmments, many of them very senior, the company has realized that the absence of many topped out agents will provide them a safe cushion in the midst of rising gas prices.

More at ten.

Let me tell you what will happen if you do NOT merge with US AIRWAYS

First of all no other major airline will merge with you , this means that your going to continue status quo , and for you that means “no return on investment “

Each and everyday that passes the price of oil continues to creep higher and higher , that means you’ll go further into the red putting you ever closer to that next BK …

In fact everyday that you delay merging is more time lost that could be better spent rearranging routes and cutting capacity within the system … I can see it now , you’ll decline this merger and then a year and half later when your REALLY hurting you’ll come running back to the table to try and make this happen , but by THAT time so much damage will have been done to both companies that even if both parties wanted to merge it might either not be possible or have very little chance for success .

If you don’t merge with US AIRWAYS you won’t inherit the renown merger team of Doug Parker and crew , instead you’ll be stuck with the management that you now have in place .

Look united investors , mergers are not easy , there’s no magic wand that can be waved to make everything run smoothly , and while US Airways and UNITED might not be optimal candidates for the current times we find ourselves facing , it’s the best choice given all of the variables . Airlines are notorious for declaring Bankruptcy , just about everyone has done it now , do you really want to chance seeing your investments disappear under the shield of the courts ?

The choice remains up to each and every one of you , but I urge those of you in the investment community to look for yourselves at the turn around at US AIRWAYS …

Join us in a new brighter future in a combine airline .

Freedom .

lol, you really are smoking some good stuff huh?

Latest posts