Loan

767jetz said:
whatkindoffreshhell said:
Spin all you want. The ATSB will not approve the UA loan guarantees.

Now how about Plan B?

You better hope US doesn't go CH7 before the ATSB-UA loan is considered.

Or could that be just the event our federal friends are awaiting?
Talk about spin.

I just don't get it. First you say that UA will not get the ATSB loan. Then you say we better hope US doesn't go CH7 before the ATSB considers the loan. Which is it?

If the ATSB loan is out the window according to you, what difference does it make what happens to US?

WTF, over?

Am I missing something here?
The UA app is currently being considered by the ATSB.

If US closes the doors before the ATSB rules on UA then out-the-window goes UA's slim chance of approval.

Plan B?

In plain language sir, no spinning or arguing.

(didja ever wonder maybe that is why the LCCs are successful, because they communicate in plain language what they're gonna do, while the legacy carriers argue about nonsense.....)

Correct me if I'm wrong (as if there was a chance that wouldn't happen) but if there were a Plan B, ATSB wouldn't consider the loan. Even though there probably is some sort of a Plan B, they can't possibly say there is such a thing.

Fly said:
Correct me if I'm wrong (as if there was a chance that wouldn't happen) but if there were a Plan B, ATSB wouldn't consider the loan. Even though there probably is some sort of a Plan B, they can't possibly say there is such a thing.
BINGO!!! ;)

(geez you guys never miss an opportunity to spin....)

Okay, in plain language: Plan B = foreign investment (if the laws can be changed quickly enough, but with the DHL/Astar saga this is only a matter of time)

Plan C = Chapter 7

Now, let's see how eager those investment bankers from JP & Citi are for any plan except Plan A -- I hear somebody humming!

Call it as you see it. But from my perch, seems you've always had a little bit of a desire to see UAL fail. Isn't that so?

Fly said:
Call it as you see it. But from my perch, seems you've always had a little bit of a desire to see UAL fail. Isn't that so?
Absolutely not. At least a year before UA filed CH11 I asked this board what could be done to avert the financial meltdown and I was roundly scolded. Even the illustrious UAL777flyer chipped in with a mushy "we all need to work together" reply.

UA just has a history of placing long-shot bets all on one number.

I want to see the old girl dancing again!

Plan B = foreign investment (if the laws can be changed quickly enough, but with the DHL/Astar saga this is only a matter of time)

Plan C = Chapter 7
You certainly have an interseting point of view.

It's obvious no matter what anyone tells you, it's not going to change your mind. So I won't bother.

You seem to be of the opinion that UA is doomed and CH7 is inevitable. Whenever we give you other possible scenarios that don't agree with your opinion we are accused of spinning.

You are entitled to your opinion. I guess we'll all find out in a few more months.

Over and out.

767jetz

The new Denver airport is top shelf, but it is not, nor was the old field an "international" airport. It is, was, a "landing rights" airport. Denver can name it anthing it wants, but that is what it is, was, whatever!

UA just has a history of placing long-shot bets all on one number.
Amen to that! The fact that United is STILL in the position of having to rely upon the ATSB for its survival says more about the company than all the blue-skies BS that eminates from UAWHQ.

avek00 said:
The banks have ALREADY deemed United to be too risky of a $1B+ investment on its own, hence the need to seek an ATSB guarantee in the first place.
Hmmm, I guess that $1.5 BILLION line of credit (line of credit, not loan since UAL didn't need to tap half of it) was really in "lira"..... UAL is NOT to risky to get a loan, just too risky to get one CHEAPLY, and considering the government subsidized competition against UAL, it's only appropriate that UAL get a loan guarentee also

Atlantic Posted on Mar 26 2004, 02:46 AM
The new Denver airport is top shelf, but it is not, nor was the old field an "international" airport. It is, was, a "landing rights" airport. Denver can name it anthing it wants, but that is what it is, was, whatever!

Sort of like PBI. They fly a flight to the Bahamas and call themselves an International Airport.

The term "international" means the airport has customs and imigration services available. Hence, an aircraft is allowed to land there when arriving from an non domestic airport. It does not necessarily mean that the airport has scheduled international service.

There is truly a handfull of international airports, and they are listed in the AIM.
It takes an act of congress to make one. And since that means $$$$, we haven't had a new one since WWII.

Huh. That's funny. I remember when PSP became an international airport, and I wasn't around in WWII.

Busdrvr said: "considering the government subsidized competition against UAL."

Just out of curiosity, who would that be, the other airlines that received the ATSB approval?