Major Jump In Dollars For Insurance In 06

People do not realize the cost of health insurance and other benefits. I blame my profession--HR--for not educating employees.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but given our situation in TPA, I just have to ask then.
Why does the company deem necessary the hiring of 13 agents when the part time agents they already have (and are already paying benefits for) are only working 4 or 5 1/2 hours when the contract permits 6 1/2? I would think the company would want to USE the agents already on property to the extreme BEFORE hiring someone else they are going to have to pay benefits to. Anyone else see the stupidity in hiring more people until you've maxed out what you've already got?

I've been on a two-year voluntary furlough. The company I work for (for seven more days) offered one plan only. BC/BS of NC. $1,500 deductable, $15 co-pays, and I, as a 39-year old single, healthy male, pay $217 a month. No dental, no vision. I will happily pay the new premium when I return to US in December. It's a bargain.

I just checked and for employee and child(ren) 100% coverage the medical is $144.00 and dental is $5.80. Very minor increase from my perspective. I took early out from res. Maybe this information will help others. You have to call the company that also handles cobra 800-872-4780 options 1 then 3. They were very pleasant.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but given our situation in TPA, I just have to ask then.
Why does the company deem necessary the hiring of 13 agents when the part time agents they already have (and are already paying benefits for) are only working 4 or 5 1/2 hours when the contract permits 6 1/2? I would think the company would want to USE the agents already on property to the extreme BEFORE hiring someone else they are going to have to pay benefits to. Anyone else see the stupidity in hiring more people until you've maxed out what you've already got?

I'm not questioning your query. But--why did you quote from my message??? I have nothing to do with HR at US Airways. I was only promoting what would be a best practice--to let employees know the cost of employer provided benefits--which is what I do. I head HR for the premier organization that treats women with eating disorders! I often travel on US Airways and my DH is a pilot--but not for them any longer (YAY!).

There's not a lot of good news these days......but FLY....your avatar is a hoot! I was ROFLOL! Thanks for the laugh!

Latest posts