March FA Attrition

Yikes! Thanks for the info....

You're welcome. The big problem is that AA is not offering the anti malarial medication and they are telling us to wear long sleeves and use insect repellant if we go there. uh huh.

I called our great union and left a message with the health department about what I could do if I was given the trip and, of course, got no call back.

I'm not going to malariaville. Especially since I am usually a mosquito pin cushion wherever I go in the carib. I am also not going because the CDC states that the anti malarial medication is not guaranteed to work and the incubation period for the malaria to actually show symptoms is 10 years. I can just see myself 10 years from now getting malaria and having AA tell me " how do we know you got it on one of our trips?". No, no thanks. I'll pass.

CORRECTION!

The posting of an attrition rate of 133 for March was an error. Whoever posted it to the Flight Service website posted the total for Jan, Feb, and March in the March columns. The posting has now been corrected.

The total attrition for March was 37.

21 Domestic
16 International.

The only thing on the original post that was correct was the retirements: 19.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. :(

CORRECTION!

The posting of an attrition rate of 133 for March was an error. Whoever posted it to the Flight Service website posted the total for Jan, Feb, and March in the March columns. The posting has now been corrected.

The total attrition for March was 37.

21 Domestic
16 International.

The only thing on the original post that was correct was the retirements: 19.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. :(

Sorry for digging up an old thread....

I did an analysis for Arpey once which plotted out CSO/CSW for fleet service (he wanted to know if it was costing AA money, and it showed that CS saves money since junior guys tended to pick up shifts from the senior guys more often than the reverse). What it also showed is that CS off dropped off as seniority got past 20 years. One assumption was that by that point, employees finally had the power to hold day shifts which didn't require them to trade off for family obligations. The other assumption was building up time for pension. I'll have to dig that up...

I finally found the Arpey packagewhile digging up some other dirt tonight...

53yj3fa.jpg

Between 9 and 11 years, people stop picking up as many hours, and start dropping them, peaking at 15 years, and then the curve reverses, flattening out at 21 years.

What was more interesting was how few people actually were doing the CS'ing:

520t6xy.jpg

And, this applies to March flight attendant attrition, how?

My argument that attrition is going to start spiking as people start to approach their best 3/10 or 4/10.

The data above may indicate that as employees get closer to retirement seniority, a fair percentage of them are working as much as they're scheduled for rather than trading their life away. That's the way it was panning out with ground employees. Not sure if it correlates as tightly with flight attendants. There are definitely a few senior (grand)mamas in each of the bases who are only here for the benefits and trade away as much as they can, but it might not hold true when you look across the system.

While the original number that started this thread turned out to be in error, I still maintain that there will be a higher than normal retirement rate over the next two years across the board.

My argument that attrition is going to start spiking as people start to approach their best 3/10 or 4/10.

While the original number that started this thread turned out to be in error, I still maintain that there will be a higher than normal retirement rate over the next two years across the board.
I dbout seriously that any data you have regarding other employees in other departments relates in any way to flight attendants. Go to any retirement seminar and realize how totally uninformed or misinformed so many flight attendants are about the AA retirement plan.

There are still a lot of them out there who think they can fly high time for 3-4 years and build up their pension amount. They are aghast and outraged when they find out that only the first 85 hours each month counts toward their pension. :shock:

Back