Marketing idea for NFL playoffs and Super Bowl

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
I am sure I am not the only one who thought this, but all four of US Airways' NFL paint job planes (Steelers, Cardinals, Panthers and Eagles) are in the playoffs. Would be kind of cool to plan a flyover in Charlotte and Pittsburgh of the planes (NY Giants wouldn't appreciate the Eagles plane over their stadium). It's just an idea....

Later,
Eye

If you take a look at the US Daily, they mentioned something about employees taking pictures for the About US.

A slight, sweet caveat for our excited snap-happy would-be shutterbugs: some of you may recall reading certain employment rules that forbid the use of unauthorized audio,video, and photographic equipment on company property or during company time; does this game-day challenge to snap shots of our special liveries constitute implicit authorization from the company to take pictures of planes? It's probably nothing to worry about...probably...

Oh, and just remember, anything you do shoot or record on company grounds during company time automatically becomes property of the airline.

Also I'm not sure how the FAA would feel about flying an airliner over a large event like a playoff game; I mean, this is why the Cardinals (UoP) Stadium ended up where it is now and not adjacent to the airport as originally planned.

eye ,
didn't really think about it . but It would probably look cool if mtc could position the a/c on the

tarmac on say an overnight with the Panthers and Cardinals planes facing nose to nose and then

next week they could do the same with the Eagles and the Panthers plane. but I'm pretty sure the Cardinals

bird (so to speak) flies mostly West routes have only seen in clt 2 or 3 times since it was painted.

I'm not sure how the FAA would feel about flying an airliner over a large event like a playoff game

The FAA wouldn't have a problem if it's an empty plane. I remember seeing pics of an AA 767 or 777 doing a flyby in STL a few years back on opening day for the Cards, just after they bought TWA and a DL767 flew over the ATL Motor Speedway during the pre-race festivities.

If the game were in PHX I'm sure the company would go way out, but it is in CLT so I'm sure they could give a damn.

If the game were in PHX I'm sure the company would go way out, but it is in CLT so I'm sure they could give a damn.

They should since the Panthers, Steelers, and Eagles have the best shot at going to the Super Bowl -- and two could play each other in the Bowl. If nothing is done, which is probable, it will be another wasted opportunity. Would love to be surprised though.

Later,.
Eye

Also I'm not sure how the FAA would feel about flying an airliner over a large event like a playoff game; I mean, this is why the Cardinals (UoP) Stadium ended up where it is now and not adjacent to the airport as originally planned.

Departures out of LGA have been flying over Shea Stadium and Arthur Ashe Stadium, at low altitude, for years; and will continue to do so over the soon-to-be-renamed Citi Field.

I am sure I am not the only one who thought this, but all four of US Airways' NFL paint job planes (Steelers, Cardinals, Panthers and Eagles) are in the playoffs. Would be kind of cool to plan a flyover in Charlotte and Pittsburgh of the planes (NY Giants wouldn't appreciate the Eagles plane over their stadium). It's just an idea....

Later,
Eye
Neat! GuntherA320 told me just yesterday that it would be kickass free publicity to photograph the panthers plane and the eagles plane nose to nose for the playoff game saturday. You know thatd be on tv if the network got ahold of it!
That is why I heart Gunther more than cheesecake but less than starbucks.

I joke. Gunther is the lemon of my eye. ;). Owwww!

Latest posts