Marketing in trouble times

CSSUP

Aug 20, 2002
If we are out of Chapter 11 on March 31st it would be my hope we would proclaim our emergence to the world with an ad campaign. The only problem is in the time of war advertising is difficult and problematic. My questions is have we hired anyone to work on ads? Is Bonner taking over this department? What about a theme song Barry Manalows Looks like we made it. Anyone out there have an inside scoop on plans for future promotions.

Can we ensure that LavMan and N513AU are in it so that they can complain or give the camera the finger???
2.gif

----------------
On 3/19/2003 10:38:49 AM CSSUP wrote:

If we are out of Chapter 11 on March 31st it would be my hope we would proclaim our emergence to the world with an ad campaign. The only problem is in the time of war advertising is difficult and problematic. My questions is have we hired anyone to work on ads? Is Bonner taking over this department? What about a theme song Barry Manalows "Looks like we made it." Anyone out there have an inside scoop on plans for future promotions.

----------------​

I know that they sent photography crews to each of the hubs and took a group shot of employees to place in a 'thank you' ad. These ads will run in local papers thanking customers for sticking with US Airways during bankruptcy. They will run one of the ads in the Attache magazine in April and May.

----------------
On 3/19/2003 1:52:03 PM ITRADE wrote:

Can we ensure that LavMan and N513AU are in it so that they can complain or give the camera the finger???

----------------​
Thank you, ITRADE !!

----------------
On 3/19/2003 10:38:49 AM CSSUP wrote:

If we are out of Chapter 11 on March 31st it would be my hope we would proclaim our emergence to the world with an ad campaign. The only problem is in the time of war advertising is difficult and problematic. My questions is have we hired anyone to work on ads? Is Bonner taking over this department? What about a theme song Barry Manalows "Looks like we made it." Anyone out there have an inside scoop on plans for future promotions.

----------------​

New advertising is in the works.

ITrade, how about I give you the bird instead?

Thousands of US Airways employees have been laid off and countless others have taken dramatic paycuts and 13 have committed suicide. Three days before the Chapter 11 filing Wolf, Gangwal, Nagin, Gibson and Reeves walk away with $38 million and Gangwal had resigned over six months prior.

How do you expect everyone to be happy with what has transpired since 8-11-02?

I''d agree about the whole idea. The manilow song would be great in a (few) TV spots (mostly on CNBC, FNC, and CNN), as well as a nice addition to the level-off announcement.
Featuring TONS and TONs of employees as a moral booster as well as establishing US as, finally, a new TOUGH competetor.

35 YRS...could you tell us anything you know about the advertising. I have seen quite a bit of small advertising on the new Ireland service. Heh...its a start.