MDA

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 9:33:11 PM aj04878 wrote:

Does anyone know if the aircraft will have 'EXPRESS' painted on them, i would be inclined to think not. Other than pilots will MDA be staffed will all mainline employees. It would seem difficult to keep labor costs low if FA's, CSA's and other employees were paid at mainline rates. Does anyone have any info on hiring for other positions?
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------

It's already in the CWA and IAM fleet contracts. If your station is reclassified express, top of scale goes from $19 and change to $13, and you take another major hit in retirement and vacation accrual. The cost of medical insurance remains high, however.

All they have to do to reclassify you is pull mainline out, drop RJ's in, and voila, it's done.

Here's the beauty move. After reclassification, they can redeploy 2 mainline jets into your current express (and formerly mainline) station. Additionally, they can place any number of mainline jets into your express station on a 'seasonal' basis. So former mainline agents will be working flights crewed and maintained by current mainline employees.

Life's a beach, ain't it?

7.gif']

Believe ne, us passengers are very much looking forward to the EMBs.

Having F class in them may really propel US upwards. Given that most other airlines are sending RJs to smaller cities with NO F class (with the exception of NW Airlink in this half of the USA), you may very well see some FF passenger movement towards US.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/4/2003 12:42:32 PM a320av8r wrote:

No. The MDA aircraft are separate from the 279 mainline aircraft as per contract.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Forgive me for noticing...

The only "per contract" that seems to mean anything is that Wolf, Gangwal, and Naigan get to scarf off $35 Million the day before bankruptcy occurs.

And might I add, the unions had their contracts too but they chose to disown them... toilet paper seems to have more relevance than your contracts.