Mechanic contract

brownmech

Advanced
Aug 6, 2011
So what's the hold up on combining UAL and continental mechanics heard that continental is hiring off the street to do UAL work while UAL mech will get cut what's the union doing about that so continental guy will always be scabs way back from Lorenzo day figure that

The Teamsters Airline Division is in charge. That's the problem. Trying to sale us a concessionary contract. That's the problem. The company violates the current contract and the status quo and threatens injunctions while the IBT quake in their shoes. That's the problem.

gtd said:
The Teamsters Airline Division is in charge. That's the problem. Trying to sale us a concessionary contract. That's the problem. The company violates the current contract and the status quo and threatens injunctions while the IBT quake in their shoes. That's the problem.

I believe the IBT has some important arbitration's planned regarding scope of work (apu burn teams etc). Have any of these taken place yet?

TopCat870 said:

I believe the IBT has some important arbitration's planned regarding scope of work (apu burn teams etc). Have any of these taken place yet?

They're being scheduled but none have taken place yet.

Actually, through the pressure by the membership they finally released some dates. See below.

March 25:         CAL Medical Grievance - Arbitrator Herb Fishgold at ORD
March 27:         UAL Medical Grievance - Arbitrator Carol Wittenberg at ORD
April 9:              Resource Utilization Dispute - Arbitrator Ralph Berger at NY
May 14:            ORD Data Center outsourcing - Arbitrator Carol Wittenberg at ORD
June 4:             Tool Room Operations Grievance - Arbitrator Ed Krinsky – TBD
June 11:           APU Shutdown with Arbitrator Ralph Berger - TBD 
[SIZE=small] [/SIZE]

Typical teamsters.  I see they have never changed a bit.  "After pressure by the membership"  Why should the membership have to do that?   Very typical teamster representation.  We sure are glad we got rid of them here, you guys can have them...

swamt said:
Typical teamsters.  I see they have never changed a bit.  "After pressure by the membership"  Why should the membership have to do that?   Very typical teamster representation.  We sure are glad we got rid of them here, you guys can have them...
We don't want them!

Then get rid of them.  That is an option. We did it and you guys can to.  Take action and move on...

gtd said:
Actually, through the pressure by the membership they finally released some dates. See below.

March 25:         CAL Medical Grievance - Arbitrator Herb Fishgold at ORD[/size]
March 27:         UAL Medical Grievance - Arbitrator Carol Wittenberg at ORD[/size]
April 9:              Resource Utilization Dispute - Arbitrator Ralph Berger at NY[/size]
May 14:            ORD Data Center outsourcing - Arbitrator Carol Wittenberg at ORD[/size]
June 4:             Tool Room Operations Grievance - Arbitrator Ed Krinsky – TBD[/size]
June 11:           APU Shutdown with Arbitrator Ralph Berger - TBD [/size]
 [/size]
For those of us at other carriers, can you expand a little bit on what is (or is not) happening w/r/t to each of these cases, and why they were grievable?

I'm specifically curious about "resource utilization," "tool room operations," and "APU shutdown."

The resource letter is a letter the brilliant airline division decided on their own to sign with the company to allow SUAL Mechanics to work SCAL aircraft and visa versa. Eventually, through pressure again from the membership the ibt pulled it but the company claimed that all must remain status quo, so, now we wait for arbitration instead of the union filing an injunction.

Don't know anything about the tool room operations.

APU shut down team was created by the company to use a team of rampies to shut down running apu's on aircraft that have arrived on the gates.   

I never seen so much disrespect of a union and it's membership as I have since the ibt arrived. The company has also cut our medical violating the contract along with our insurance. It goes on and on. Power of the ibt, huh! It's a joke!

Back