Mesa Employees Unprofessional Appearance

If wearing a hat would save my company or a single job for my co-workers I would. It simply has nothing to do with it.

You may not be aware that Mesa employees do not get a uniform allowance and those FO's and FA's are probably making under 17k a year. If management wanted change they might attempt to at least help out a little in this area.

Flight Attendants...... If you can't wear the uniform the way it is SUPPOSED to be worn...YEP Tie and All... Guess maybe you should be Applying at Southwest... they Dress CASUALLY !!!!

As for the Pilots that don't want to Wear the Hat through the Airport... I hear SouthWest is HIRING Pilots right now........

CRJ.

Oh, so its a cost issue that is making people unable to tuck in shirts, button up, wear the hat or tie etc?

If you are unable to afford cleaning supplies for your uniform, ask any friendly hotel desk clerk and they'll be happy to give you some Woolite (free!) to clean it in the sink. Irons are also complimentary at most hotel/motels, if not, one can hang it over the restroom door in order to steam out wrinkles. :) Stain on the shirt? Seltzer water, available on all US/USX flights is great for removing stains. With these helpful hints one can keep a single uniform set in nice condition for quite some time at no cost to the individual.

As for the cost of the uniform itself, didnt Mesa tell you that crewmembers wear uniforms and you have to buy them? McDonalds employees buy thier own uniforms. People that work in retail have to buy clothes from thier company, and they all make similar income. I dont think US Airways flight attendants get a cleaning allowance anymore.

Looking nice really only takes that little extra bit of effort. You are being paid to represent US Airways, and lead the public to believe you operate to the same standards. You guys sure dont look like you do. The fact that customers know the Mesa name is not something to be proud of. The service is supposed to be seamless, not so bad our customers are avoiding a particular "provider". How can you possibly defend looking/acting bad and bringing down OUR company? Shame on you.

NOPE. No cleaning allowence. That went out the window with concessions. I think in some ways more and more are getting lax in their appearance because it is a way of showing if the Management doesn't care...why should we. What a shame tough. When I got my wings pinned and my uniform it was the PROUDEST DAY IN MY LIFE....other than having my babies . :D

ktflyhome said:
When I got my wings pinned and my uniform it was the PROUDEST DAY IN MY LIFE....other than having my babies . :D

I believe there are ALOT of Mainline Flight Attendants (Notice I won't say ALL) that would agree with you 110% !!!!!!

Unfortunatley most are FURLOUGHED NOW !!!

Hey I know....Let's all APPLY at MESA so we can show those F/A's HOW TO WEAR THE UNIFORM !!!!! ;)

Hey...it isn't only MESA although I guess I have never really noticed, but recently while DH, the A F/a grossed me out so much I had to leave her galley. I thought I was gonna puke. Wrinkled dress, black greasy roots from her choppy blond hair, really yellow crooked teeth, dirty chipped findernails and way to heavy for her dress...need I go on. Before that I was pretty Hungry.

Light Years said:
I think furloughedagain's post hit home with a lot more people on this forum. The responses since pretty much drive home the point.
Light Years,

What point did it drive home? The only point I got out of it is that the two of you are bitter that your no longer employeed by Airways. Which is something that Furloughed's compadres might have been able to deal with had they not had their heads soo far up their a$$e$.

Ask your friend, FurloughedAgain, who is reponsible for allowing the contracting in this company to take place, and after he answers that you can ask him/her why we little WO's were told in not so many words to take our Flow Through(which would have employeed him/her at a WO in the event of a furlough) and use it for toilet paper. And the pilots of this company think Dave has no vision, if that is'nt the pot calling the kettle black.

Look, I feel for the two of you, I really do. But listen to yourselves, your crying about a hat?!?!?!? I hate Mesa and the rest of the contractors as much as the next person, but before throwing stones in their direction, or at any other Express carrier, you should worry more about your peers who are not that much better. I've seen wayyyyy too many Mainline employees that look just as bad as any Express employee for you to sit here and preach.

Trust me when I say that I proudly carry the image of a US Airways Group Employee, but sometimes I just can't wear the hat. Its annoying and gives me a headache. Is that any reason for FurloughedAgain to attack me or does he have other motivating factors. Like the inability of his peers to have done the right thing along time ago?

Or maybe your true anger should be directed at your own Union for standing by and doing nothing while ALPA secured at least half of the new RJ seats for their furloughed folks. I would have loved to fly with some mainline FA's here at the WO'd. At least 80% of the ones I meet are fun and cool and do their jobs with class.

In closing, just remember that you can catch more flys with honey. If you want somebody to look or act a certain way all you have to do is ask nicely. Not tell them what a piece of garbage they are.

Light Years said:
We even had supervisors that would not only chase you through the concourse but surprise a crew before a flight for an appearance check.

Wonder if they would take a Supervisors job at MESA.....

Can't you see "Her" Chasing the F/A's around Concourse F..... She'd be able to give up that Membership at the GYM !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts