Mesa looses delta suit

Toothy Grin

Advanced
Mar 31, 2008
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Judge-rules-for-Delta-in-apf-365001313.html?x=0&.v=1

For those that follow the finance boards looks like tough times ahead for Mesa.

Any ideas what LCCight do now? Wait for liquidation? I might be mistaken, but I thought I remembered Doug saying that he wanted our contract with Mesa, at least for the near future.

Reactions: 1 person
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Judge-rules-for-Delta-in-apf-365001313.html?x=0&.v=1

For those that follow the finance boards looks like tough times ahead for Mesa.

Any ideas what LCCight do now? Wait for liquidation? I might be mistaken, but I thought I remembered Doug saying that he wanted our contract with Mesa, at least for the near future.
Not goog for Mesa folks. I hope they dont have to liquidate.

Loses! The word is Loses! It doesn't rhyme with Moses or Roses, but it is spelled that way!

Education's race to the top starts with the word LOSES.

Reactions: 2 people
My bet is that US Airways Express will absorb these jets and crews. Jonny O and Parker have a long history of cuddling together. JO must know something that Parker doesn't want anyone to know. :ph34r:

My bet is that US Airways Express will absorb these jets and crews. Jonny O and Parker have a long history of cuddling together. JO must know something that Parker doesn't want anyone to know. :ph34r:
How about mainline absorbing the routes and recalling the 288 furloughed pilots and then hiring some pilots and flight attendants and mechanics and rampers and gate agents to some real airline jobs; you know, like it used to be. This is a chance to kill this cancer that has been plaguing the industry for 20 years.

Reactions: 2 people
Yup, there is a spelling error... but I'm typing from my iPhone. Also,
I don't know all the functions of the board such as EDIT!

I'm not worried about my "board cred" or for that matter how my intelligence appears to any of you. I Know you are much smarter and can figure out the meaning of my post.

Shall I wash your feet for you now?

How about mainline absorbing the routes and recalling the 288 furloughed pilots and then hiring some pilots and flight attendants and mechanics and rampers and gate agents to some real airline jobs; you know, like it used to be. This is a chance to kill this cancer that has been plaguing the industry for 20 years.
This will be a true litmus test for Parker. If he wants to create a viable LCC, then a Mesa liquidation is a perfect opportunity to achieve pilot peace. Offering us half of another piece of pie will do wonders to divert the fight over the last piece that we currently fight over.

Reactions: 1 person

Mesa may go poof, but bet your last dollar that the Righteous Reverend Bryan K. Bedford will show up and absorb the remnants of Mesa or simply replace it with his own brand of regional flying.

Repugnant has replaced Mesa as the new cancer plaguing the industry.

Parker paid his America West customer service agents the same as Mesa does. Not much differences between the two

Parker paid his America West customer service agents the same as Mesa does. Not much differences between the two

Fair enough; however, if there are no express employees to pool from (at lower wages), maybe mainline agents can get a decent wage. Don't get me wrong express employees, I have nothing against you personally, it is just time that we all get on the mainline again...all of us. It is interesting that when we were all mainline (like SWA) the company made money, now...just say'n, I sense an opportunity here.

“the contract was clear that a 95 percent completion rate was required"
"Delta asked it to cancel many flights"
"He also ordered Mesa to pay Delta nearly $3 million for overbilling Delta.”
Express carriers want immunity and payment during selective cancelation during bad weather. One of the many problems with operarting 8 express carries

"So ultimately, Mesa’s existence relies upon US Airways and that means that they have them over a barrel"

http://industry.bnet.com/travel/10006198/mesa-air-group-loses-battle-with-delta-us-airways-must-be-smiling/

At the end of the day Mesa is still Mesa HP marriage made and heaven “Mesa has long been a low cost provider of transportation,”