Mesa pilots ratify new contract - and J4J provision

That is not entirely true regarding the Mesa contract. While it is not a mainline contract by any stretch of the imagination, and there are most definitely some QOL issues, you obviously have not read it if you think everything you wrote is true.

OK, sorry if I'm wrong. Did they get a major pay increase, cancellation pay, deadhead pay, min day, block or better rather than scheduled segment pay? Anything else to bring them up to industry standards? Still have a training contract requiring them to pay $10,000 for training if they don't stay for four years?

I've just heard some of them whine in the past about all the abuse from management, such as deadheading two legs there and two back, to fly for one hour and end up getting paid one hour for two days work, etc. Guess I was hoping they would hold out for something meaningful.

Great, they contine to fly for nothing, no cancellation pay, no deadhead, no min day.......hardly any benefits at all. I guess they just love to fly, and still cant believe you don't have to pay to do it. Johnny O. must be proud.

A shining example of why this industry has gone to H@LL.

You may want to check out the Mesa Airlines Forum on Yahoo! Groups, it probably has complete contract information. I know from some people they got a scope clause to eliminate another Freedom Air debacle, a raise in per diem, and I know they have been getting paid 50% of deadhead time since their last contract. All groups are being merged under one banner. It is an improvement over what they had, and with the large regional jet expansion, it will be one of the few airlines that see people upgrade in the near future. Like I said, it is still not perfect, but it needs to be done in steps. This is only the second ALPA contract at Mesa. Considering the state of the industry and Mesa'a codeshare partners, US, HP, UA (they pick winners, don't they), and F9, I think they got the best they could under the circumstances.

OK sorry, they do get 50% on deadheads...........The other issues still leave them quite a ways down in the food chain.

Cancellation pay as long as controllable completion factor remains above 97.5% per calender month. But the biggie was the capturing of Freedom flying, and new scope preventing another alter-ego carrier at Mesa Air Group. That, and nice growth with US Air under J4J (which is what WOPropTrash is really pissed about).

Everything we wanted?...Hell no.

Better than we had?...for the most part.

Glad to have it behind us and some real growth on the way...bet your ass!

And we got to bring all the CCAir folks that were tossed last November back to work.

That''s nice that you got Freedom back, but at what cost? So instead of non union pilots under cutting ALPA pilots, we have ALPA pilots under cutting ALPA pilots. If you guys are going to work for what you agreed to, then you should have put language in your contract to keep MESA MGT from bidding on flying outside of what you already do. Why should you under cut top regionals, Air Wisc and ACA, just so you can get some growth on the United side? MESA alpa has single handedly lowered the bar for all of us.