More Furloughs

ExAF

Aug 20, 2002
NWA has announced another 63 pilot furloughs effective on Feb 1. They do not anticipate any chance for recalls until at least 4th quarter 03.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/12/2002 12:30:29 PM ExAF wrote:

NWA has announced another 63 pilot furloughs effective on Feb 1. They do not anticipate any chance for recalls until at least 4th quarter 03.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Something smells fishy... I'm assuming you have some sort of furlough pay in your contract. The 63 guys would have 3 years seniority. What would that pay? 1 1/2 month at guarentee? That means they'd get paid until the middle of march, just in time for the summer schedule ramp up. Then maybe a recall just in time for the slow 4th Q? Do not be surprised if the company comes to you soon with a deal to save the hostages

They would be eligible for 1.5 months of furlough pay, but the company is still claiming Force Majeure and refusing to pay. We are in the midst of negotiations with the company about the DAL codeshare, and section 6 openers are supposed to be exhanged in January, so I'm sure this is at least partly about contract posturing/hostage taking. Hopefully we'll be able to negotiate some kind of furlough recalls or at least stoppage out of this DAL deal. One more round and I'll be on the street.