More Good News!

"We believe that all of us who are interested in United's future need to work together constructively to get the company in the best possible shape to compete in the long term," said Jeff Green, a company spokesman. "And, in fact, our bankruptcy judge reminded us of that recently. The AFA's action is contrary to that cooperative spirit."

You have got to laugh at the spinmeister. The judge told UAL to play nice and communicate with the employees, something they sort of "forgot" to do along the way. All the employees at UAL have been pulling for the company and cooperating, it is only very recently, that they have questioned the "puzzle palace".

Dizel8 said:
"We believe that all of us who are interested in United's future need to work together constructively to get the company in the best possible shape to compete in the long term," said Jeff Green, a company spokesman. "And, in fact, our bankruptcy judge reminded us of that recently. The AFA's action is contrary to that cooperative spirit."

You have got to laugh at the spinmeister. The judge told UAL to play nice and communicate with the employees, something they sort of "forgot" to do along the way. All the employees at UAL have been pulling for the company and cooperating, it is only very recently, that they have questioned the "puzzle palace".
[post="174669"][/post]​
As one who is grudgingly 'represented' by AFA UAL, I agree with your so called spinmeister. Stirring the waters of discontent is counterproductive. AFA should be finding (and pubicizing the effort) ways in which we are working with, instead of against, our company.

It's the same old passe, confrontational, antiquated union political tactic. It's just dumb and unenlightened and only reinforces the growing exasperation with AFA at UAL. They're grasping at straws and seem unable to adapt to a reality in which all of us need to be finding ways to work together to ensure the future of our jobs and employer.

And I'm not talking about bending over and taking it in the pelvic cavity...I'm talking about getting in there, rolling up your sleeves and doing the hard work of actively working together with management...as long as we are able. AFA and IAM continually portray themselves as a bunch of whiney babies and malcontents. It's time to face reality and find solutions that we can all live with. Posturing like this does no good for any of us at UAL and just leaves us more vulnerable to our customers' apprehensions.

Maybe it is time for AFA to ba replaced. I'm rapidly becoming a convert. They (AFA and IAM leadership) are a misguided bunch of has-beens operating from a pre-deregulation MO, fighting for their continued power while the marketplace demands creative, alternative solutions to our current reality. It's all about them! Anyone with 2 eyes can see that.