More Opinions

AANOTOK

Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/01/18/3670076/american-airlines-leaders-cant.html#storylink=cpy

"For North Texas, it's almost unthinkable that American Airlines could fade away.

A reorganization, sure. But another carrier absorbing the Fort Worth giant or, even worse, a company breaking it into pieces and selling off the parts?

Those potential outcomes have been circulating after The Wall Street Journal first reported that Delta, US Airways and the investment firm TPG were weighing bids for the bankrupt airline.

Other suitors (or tire-kickers) are expected. And several Wall Street analysts predicted that American would not even emerge from Chapter 11 as an independent company."

Sorry, When I see Jamie Baker, Glenn Engel or Gary Chase talking about AA being carved up, I'll pay attention.

I've never been a big fan of Hunter, and hadn't even heard of Vicki Bryan or Gimme Credit until I read this one.

Sorry, When I see Jamie Baker, Glenn Engel or Gary Chase talking about AA being carved up, I'll pay attention.

I've never been a big fan of Hunter, and hadn't even heard of Vicki Bryan or Gimme Credit until I read this one.

=================================
I don't know about that--Vicki Bryan is the only one of all those analysts that correctly projected back in October that AMR could file bankruptcy this year, by Christmas in fact. The others seemed to think AMR had plenty of cash and that the labor unions could simply solve their problems by agreeing to the cuts already proposed. She disagreed, and was worried that they don't have enough cash even with the labor cost cuts they wanted and will probably push for even more cuts. She thinks revenue has been the real problem which means it can't get costs right until revenue is fixed. Now AMR's cash is down even more and it seems to be trying to dump its pension plan altogether. Plus look at all the money it has been spending on hiring advisors, even before they filed, while uniion negotiations have not been resumed