More Outsourced Aa Maintenance Work

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
HEICO Aerospace Wins Key R&O Contract With American Airlines on B777 Thrust Reverser Actuation

Source: Business Wire Publication Date: 05/05/04

HEICO Corporation (NYSE:HEI)(NYSE:HEI.A) today announced that its HEICO Aerospace Component Repair Group has been awarded a five-year contract to supply repair and overhaul services for the Thrust Reverser Actuation system on American Airlines fleet of Boeing 777 aircraft.

HEICO Aerospace's Parts Group is the world's largest independent designer, manufacturer, and distributor of FAA Approved Replacement Parts for jet engines and aircraft components with 16 of the world's 20 largest airlines flying HEICO parts. HEICO Aerospace's Component Repair Group is a world-class provider of accessory repair and overhaul services to the airline industry and counts many major airlines as its customers. American Airlines' parent, AMR Corporation, through another subsidiary, and HEICO Aerospace already maintain a joint venture that develops FAA Approved Replacement Parts.

Luis Morell, HEICO Aerospace Component Repair Group's President commented "HEICO is proud of American Airlines' contract award for B777 Thrust Reverser Actuation repair and overhaul. Our engineering groups are working closely in developing cost effective repairs and solutions that will benefit both companies. HEICO is expanding our capabilities in new generation aircraft component repair with our focus on providing operational savings and superior service."

HEICO Corporation is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary. HEICO's customers include a majority of the world's airlines and airmotives as well as numerous defense and space contractors and military agencies worldwide in addition to telecommunications, electronics and medical equipment manufacturers. For more information about HEICO, please visit our web site at http://www.heico.com

What's going on here? Anyone with the twu care to tell us why thhis was allowed to happen. Thought we were about doing our own maintenance in house.

More outsourcing allowed by the twu...

Again I see the AMFA faithful are trying to discredit the Scope of the TWU/AA agreement. So may I suggest a little experiment with a phrase commonly used when filling out grievances for our members which includes the outsourcing of work.

This is a violation of the TWU/AA labor agreement...!!!!

Result:
1. Strong statement which has won many arguments for the TWU in the arbitration process and has returned much of our work back in house over the years.

Now for part 2 of this experiment. Shall we try the same basic statement with the AMFA/Northwest agreement..?

This is a violation of the AMFA/Northwest labor agreement..!!!!

Result:
1. HUH????????

----------------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO fo the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Truthfully..I'm not as intelligent as the "post the confidential letter Dave", but I do believe most warranty work is for 5 years. However..I do agree that all work should be directed inhouse, something that amfa has yet to grasp.

High Speed Steel,

Another very interesting comparison to the most currently negotiated AA/TWU vs NWA/AMFA contracts.

AMFA at NWA =
AMFA CRAFT UNION AGREES TO CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH NORTHWEST AIRLINES
Laconia, NH – May 9, 2001. Members of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) voted to authorize its negotiators to sign a contract agreement with Northwest Airlines by a vote of 82.1%.

Technicians and higher will receive a base rate increase of 24.4% at the date of signing, plus a one-time pay adjustment of $3,750

Cleaners and custodians will receive a base rate increase of 13% at the date of signing, plus a one-time pay adjustment of $1,875

All AMFA union employees will receive a 3% increase during each of the first two years after signing and will receive a 4% increase the third year

Pension payments increased by 112%

TWU at AA =

Signed Without Further Ratification of the members.

17.5% Paycut
Loss 5 Vacation Days
Loss 5 Paid Holidays
Loss 7 Sick Days Per Year
Loss 50% pay on used Sick Days
Loss Shift Differential
Loss Pilots "Me Too" Cap on Medical Increase
Loss License pay for Shop Mechanics

And on, and on , and on, and on....

Yo "I have no morales " Dave...TWU at AA =

Signed Without Further Ratification of the members.

17.5% Paycut
Loss 5 Vacation Days
Loss 5 Paid Holidays
Loss 7 Sick Days Per Year
Loss 50% pay on used Sick Days
Loss Shift Differential
Loss Pilots "Me Too" Cap on Medical Increase
Loss License pay for Shop Mechanics

And on, and on , and on, and on....
...is this the concessionary contract you refer to? and is this a one time action that you wish to compare to amfa's history of ineptness? Get a grip your bigness you...the concessionary package was voted upon and passed by the membership...this was a one time.."oh my God I have to take a cut to keep a job" instance. Hey there bigness..what has amfa won/accomplished to bring back it's workforce from the furlough lines it created?...that's what I thought..go have a burger...and please dude..post that letter thet was sent to you in confidence again.

One time action?

How about these:

1983 B-Scale First in the Indsutry
1985 Six Month Probation First in the Indsutry
1987 Unliateral removal of lump sum pension option
1989 Flex Benefits - Payroll deduction for health care
1995 SRP Pay rates

And on, and on, and on

You don't even know TWU History because you have only been a member of the TWU for less than 4 years! I have lived these "one time" TWU Concessions for twenty years now.

Maybe you could a give us run down of IAM/TWA Concessions that Bankrupt that carrier, what was it three times or four? And we should follow you guys from TWA? OK, Whatever. Are you related to Concession King Doughty?

BTW, I expect Force Majeure II Decision from Helen Witt within the next three weeks. Over 1500 NWA AMFA Mechanics involved. We will see soon. You are betting your entire account on something yet to be decided.

AMERICAN AIRLINES, INC.
P.O. Box 619616
DFW Airport, Texas 75261 -9616
May 5, 1989

Mr. John J. Kerrigan
International Vice President
Director-Air Transport Division
Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO
80 West End Avenue
New York, New York 10023

Re: Cross Service Agreement Dated May 27, 1974

Dear Mr. Kerrigan:

This will confirm our discussion regarding the Letter of Agreement dated May 27, 1974 pertaining to the Cross Service Agreement. Since this letter was written, deregulation and American’s growth have brought about a change in the way we accomplish our work and we have demonstrated an enviable record of stable and secure employment.

Because of recent acquisition of some small aircraft fleets and expansion to additional cities, it is in the best interest of American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union to respond to changes in our industry, It is the intention of American Airlines to change its fleet configuration as market conditions and
aircraft availability dictate. It is not economically feasible for American Airlines to purchase tooling and or construct facilities for those small fleets which are planned to be phased out in the near term.

We have agreed, therefore, that during the term of this agreement (amendable March 1, 1993) those existing fleets of 25 aircraft or less and any new cities where we contract out our line maintenance will be exempt for reporting purposes from the Cross Service Agreement*. Our future quarterly report will reflect this change.

Very truly yours,

Charles A. Pasciuto
Vice President
Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

Edward R. Koziatek

* (For example, the B-747 aircraft which is planned to be replaced by the MD-11 and the B-737/BAe-146 which are planned for near term replacement. The B-727 fleet will not be segregated by fleet type.)