AMR MRO

Your point would be valid if the third-party work that was headed to the line wasn't taken by the bases and then in return the bases work was shipped to the line. This is happening right now with the Delta hangar getting more AA C-Checks to make way for more third-party work for the bases. You also have to look at all the extra workcards that used to be done in C-Check that are now pawned off on the line to clear up some more dock space. They can't have it both ways, getting rewarded for the third-party work, and being able to dump their regular work elsewhere. If that's the case, why not bring all the B-checks to the bases and leave the line hangars strictly for third-party work so that the higher cost of living locations can earn more through the rewards program. <_<

There is six AA 767 C-Ck’s scheduled for the old Delta hangar at DFW starting next month to free up space for MRO work at AFW. I believe this would be considered helping out in the MRO business.

The MRO business at the old Delta hanger is growing slowly but is contributing on a daily basis one way or the other. There is a DC-10 in the hangar right now and it isn’t silver.

QUOTE (AMFAMAN @ Mar 22 2008, 11:04 AM) *
Your point would be valid if the third-party work that was headed to the line wasn't taken by the bases and then in return the bases work was shipped to the line. This is happening right now with the Delta hangar getting more AA C-Checks to make way for more third-party work for the bases. You also have to look at all the extra workcards that used to be done in C-Check that are now pawned off on the line to clear up some more dock space. They can't have it both ways, getting rewarded for the third-party work, and being able to dump their regular work elsewhere. If that's the case, why not bring all the B-checks to the bases and leave the line hangars strictly for third-party work so that the higher cost of living locations can earn more through the rewards program. dry.gif

Overhaul has had many work cards removed from their workload, But we were told that the cards were either eliminated , had their time intervals changed or that they were duplicate with other cards.If this is not so can you please give me some examples of C cards the line is performing now?

Your point would be valid if the third-party work that was headed to the line wasn't taken by the bases and then in return the bases work was shipped to the line. This is happening right now with the Delta hangar getting more AA C-Checks to make way for more third-party work for the bases. You also have to look at all the extra workcards that used to be done in C-Check that are now pawned off on the line to clear up some more dock space. They can't have it both ways, getting rewarded for the third-party work, and being able to dump their regular work elsewhere. If that's the case, why not bring all the B-checks to the bases and leave the line hangars strictly for third-party work so that the higher cost of living locations can earn more through the rewards program. dry.gif

Overhaul has had many work cards removed from their workload, But we were told that the cards were either eliminated , had their time intervals changed or that they were duplicate with other cards.If this is not so can you please give me some examples of C cards the line is performing now?
<_< ------- I'm not saying this is happening, but it sounds like an old TWA trick. JFK was doing the "C" checks on our L1011's, but LAX was greasing the gears on overnights! :shock:

Sure, let me talk to the B-checkers who have pointed this out...

There is six AA 767 C-Ck’s scheduled for the old Delta hangar at DFW starting next month to free up space for MRO work at AFW. I believe this would be considered helping out in the MRO business.

The MRO business at the old Delta hanger is growing slowly but is contributing on a daily basis one way or the other. There is a DC-10 in the hangar right now and it isn’t silver.
And that is exactly my point to Eric O. who proposed a reward system for the bases who do 3rd-party work. The Delta hangar is making way for more 3rd-party work at the bases, how could we have a system that rewards the bases only for doing the actual 3rd party work, when the rest of the system, especially the Delta hangar is making the dock space available for them by doing their work. <_<

And that is exactly my point to Eric O. who proposed a reward system for the bases who do 3rd-party work. The Delta hangar is making way for more 3rd-party work at the bases, how could we have a system that rewards the bases only for doing the actual 3rd party work, when the rest of the system, especially the Delta hangar is making the dock space available for them by doing their work. <_<
<_< ----- We've got a fresh 767 "C" check in our hanger here at MCI now. And more scheduled to come. So what is going on at AFW? What 3rd. party work are they making room for? :huh:

<_< ----- We've got a fresh 767 "C" check in our hanger here at MCI now. And more scheduled to come. So what is going on at AFW? What 3rd. party work are they making room for? :huh:

North American and I believe Zoom 767’s

All are good examples of work shifting out of the bases that I wasn't aware of.

I know of one that is in discussion right now. 777 horizontal stab. tip rib inspection. The card will time out before C-Ck. DFW will more than likely be doing them in the near future. I don’t know if it’s one A/C or all.

I know at DL Line does a fair bit of in sourcing. I'm sure the same is true at AA. We do line checks for foreign carriers. Most Line operations have contracts for emergency on call work. DL has also done Service Check level work for other carriers and charter carriers.

[quote name='DalMD88' post='585271' date='Mar 24 2008, 10:22 PM'][quote name='eolesen' date='Mar 22 2008, 04:27 PM' post='584675'

But to be fair, why reward the entire M&E group? Seems to me the bases have played a pretty big role in in sourcing and third party work, but what contribution has line maintenance made in the area of in sourcing? Why should they benefit from work done by the guys in TUL, AFW, or MCI? Isn't that the same as having pilots, flight attendants, etc. sharing the benefits that MRO labor achieved? Just belonging to the same craft and class doesn't seem like enough of an argument.

I know at DL Line does a fair bit of in sourcing. I'm sure the same is true at AA. We do line checks for foreign carriers. Most Line operations have contracts for emergency on call work. DL has also done Service Check level work for other carriers and charter carriers.[/quote] <_< -------- Sounds like there's plenty work for all three bases. ( Or are we evolving into a four base sys.(DFW) ??) Although line work is vary important also. They are the front line of our maintenance program. I'm originally from a line background, although that was a few years back. (TWA) And 3rd. part work was a big part of it. I'm sure that's true with AA as well!

From a friend in workload planning:

Certain Line Stations have been designated as>: "Only "A", "PS", checks assigned: no SC, service checks are to be assigned these stations."

From the info delivered, it appears that underperforming Class I's and overperforming Class II's are being designated for full phase maintenance while other Class I's are being lightened on the workload for their overnight aircraft.

Oh, by the way; has anyone heard the full poop on the multi-million dollar failure of MAPS during a recent test in the Northeast?

Current information indicates that Local Management Directed the Crew Chiefs to make adjustments which would lead CorporAAte to think MAPS was a success without actually implementing the MAPS system: the Crew Chiefs refused on the grounds of safety and the consultants fled the nightshift for their hotels less than two hours into the implentation.

Given the current regulatory enviroment: wanna' bet on how long it will take an AA AMT schooled in Krueze v. AA to report an undue influence by a Member of AA Management if they continue to force MAPS implementation before it is ready?

[quote name='DalMD88' post='585271' date='Mar 24 2008, 03:22 PM'][quote name='eolesen' date='Mar 22 2008, 04:27 PM' post='584675'

But to be fair, why reward the entire M&E group? Seems to me the bases have played a pretty big role in in sourcing and third party work, but what contribution has line maintenance made in the area of in sourcing? Why should they benefit from work done by the guys in TUL, AFW, or MCI? Isn't that the same as having pilots, flight attendants, etc. sharing the benefits that MRO labor achieved? Just belonging to the same craft and class doesn't seem like enough of an argument.

I know at DL Line does a fair bit of in sourcing. I'm sure the same is true at AA. We do line checks for foreign carriers. Most Line operations have contracts for emergency on call work. DL has also done Service Check level work for other carriers and charter carriers.[/quote]
The line stations also have third party income goal that they try to meet. One example is SFO where they have several third party contracts for turns, B checks, drop ins, etc.

The line stations also have third party income goal that they try to meet. One example is SFO where they have several third party contracts for turns, B checks, drop ins, etc.
Dont forget that they are also dumping a lot of C-check work on to the B-checks.

Whats old becomes New again. Years ago AA did tons of third party work. Crandall got rid of most of it saying 'why should AMR help other airlines make money?'. I never agreed with that I figured why not make money off them? Unlike selling tickets you know how much you are going to make before you do the service and it can only become more(depending on what you mechanics find) not less. Dont man for the work, just call OT.