Motorcycles

Well, I have them made - there are various tryes of metalwork involved, and in quantity it''s far cheaper to farm out the cutting, powder coating, etc. I still do all the packaging, shipping and hardware etc.

Geez, I''d hate to have to get my scooter out of the spot you''re in there. Time to call one of the boys with a longline, methinks Great shot. I used to have a 79 Honda XL250 (dating myself) and I had a ball on that.

I''ve been looking at the S40 - it''s one of the highest rated. Do you think 4Megapix is necessary? I was thinking 3, but I know SQUAT. What say you?

The good thing about having four mega pixels is the options that it gives you. If you were to use all the clarity and compression that the camera has to offer, once the picture is on your computer, you can zoom in on the subject, crop out all the unwanted junk and have a whole new shot without losing quality. Also when viewing your pictures on say a seventeen inch screen, they are sooooooo sharp. It''s kind of like horse power, can you have too much?

Good point. Going shopping this afternoon, start to sniff around a little.

4961 - Just ordered the S45, will have it by week''s end.

Nicely done, you won''t be disappointed. Read the flight manual, the camera is capible of a whole lot more than I am (I''m a bit of a hack). I''m looking forward to seeing pictures of the Beemer passing some smelly hog on the open road.
What is happening to the pictures on the page? they seem to be disappearing.

Only yours Mine seems to be OK

You around YVR for the HAC? Also, check PMs

Just when I thought that I was getting a grip on this whole thing.
Got PM, check yours.

Hey Rev Charles, I''ll be arriving Apr 4 ''round lunchtime! Are ya gonna join us for a tall tale or two at the Beaver?

Yes, we did do this on that other forum, didn't we?

Waiting for the weather to cooperate to get out the 450 Honda Rebel and 750 Yamaha Virago...

4961 & CTD

What''s up with the photos?
What do those S40/S45 thingies retail for? Are they relatively user-friendly for someone who is pretty much all thumbs?...and why is the sky blue anyway?

Just so that I don''t stray too far off topic...I used to play in the dirt on a Suzuki DR370. (Yikes, I feel old all of a sudden!)

Don't feel bad, that XL250 weighed about the same as my current 1150. Then again, my first car was a '74 Beetle that weighed about the same as the Honda.

The S45 retails for about $799 these days. In the research I've done, it appears to be about the best all-round 4 MP out there. Seems to be relatively easy to use, but has all the manual and funky bits if you're into that stuff. It comes with a serious flight manual that I haven't had much of a chance to read yet, but I've been taking nice shots just the same.

4961 knows more about it than me - over to you, Dude.

Burned as a which? A witch maybe? Sorry, it''s the editor coming out of me. Ten years ago, I''d be burned as an A$$xxxE.

Cheap shot....
wave2.gif

As far as I'm concerned, canon has done a great job of making a camera that will do everything for you, and also allow you to use the more tech functions as you become a better photographer. The thing will do point and shoot, all the way to all the funky crap that somebody that knows more about taking pictures than I do will need.
I now know four people that have the s40 or 45 and eveybody loves the thing.
I just bought a new printer, a canon i850. With canon's photo paper, I can print lab quality pictures. I swear to god, ten years ago you'd be burned as a witch. I'll stop this rant with before you buy, take a good lood at the s45, $799 will seem cheep.
Back to the point, had my first ride yesterday. Took some good shots too. Way too much fun, rode the highline road form Darcy to Carpenter lake via Mission pass, not that most care, but you West coast folk will know. Still trying to wipe stupid looking grin off my face.
I'll post some pictures later.

Dude, no problem, my spelling is atrosh ... atrochiou ... atroshous....bad. I'd pay a hundred bucks for this page to have a spell check. Easy Kyle.
As advertised
jpg.jpg

Like I said, way too much fun.

Wicked. You''re getting my dirt bike juices flowing again. That road wouldn''t be passable by a bald guy and his missus on a big GS would it?

Lilfsssister: Two bikes? Where are you located?

Back