Musician plays solo after airline won’t allow $250K violin as carry-on

Was a CWA agent involved? An unorganized AA agent would handle it better.

Josh

American Airlines is always better than USAIR

Unorganized workers are always better than union.

Case closed

Josh

I call BS, back up your lies, oh wait you cant, you run and hide when you are shown to be the liar that you are.

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
Was a CWA agent involved? An unorganized AA agent would handle it better.

Josh
Will there ever be a subject into which you will not inject your anti union venom?  We all get it; you hate organized labor, Josh.  You don't have to beat us over the head with it.  (Although you probably like the 40 hour work week, overtime pay and work place safety --- none which would have come about without unions)..  In this case, it has even less validity than usual.  Do have any evidence that being represented made the agent handle the situation differently?

Reactions: 5 people
Dont call me Shirley said:
Will there ever be a subject into which you will not inject your anti union venom?  We all get it; you hate organized labor, Josh.  You don't have to beat us over the head with it.  (Although you probably like the 40 hour work week, overtime pay and work place safety --- none which would have come about without unions)..  In this case, it has even less validity than usual.  Do have any evidence that being represented made the agent handle the situation differently?

40 hour week?  That would be nice.  Wouldn't know what to do with all that free time.  Try 60-70 hour weeks and yes I am at work now posting here.  When you work that many hours the line between work and personal life gets blurred and the people you work with play a much larger role in your day to day life than your family, spouse, bf/gf.  

Overtime pay?  Exempt employee here, although we do get annual bonuses based on our performance.

I know the unorganized AA agents and they are all professionals good at customer service.  In my experience with US (largely BOS and DCA) can't say the same.

Josh

I do think he should of gotten one of those express carry on tags and slip it on his instrument and the whole situation cld have been avoided..

then again some of those carry on  are becoming more like the size of checked bags too

737823 said:

40 hour week?  That would be nice.  Wouldn't know what to do with all that free time.  Try 60-70 hour weeks and yes I am at work now posting here.  When you work that many hours the line between work and personal life gets blurred and the people you work with play a much larger role in your day to day life than your family, spouse, bf/gf.  

Overtime pay?  Exempt employee here, although we do get annual bonuses based on our performance.

I know the unorganized AA agents and they are all professionals good at customer service.  In my experience with US (largely BOS and DCA) can't say the same.

Josh
You do not know EVERY AA AGENT, stop with the lies, go over to the DL thread and admit you lied, I have it posted numerous times in black and white, you lied.

And AA is contracting out agent jobs.

737823 said:
40 hour week?  That would be nice.  Wouldn't know what to do with all that free time.
I hope you're not trying to sell that as some sort of badge of honor...

Try 60-70 hour weeks and yes I am at work now posting here.
Good for you. Instead of trying to wind up people up on here, maybe you should Skype or FaceTime that kid of yours.

Wicked. So do I.

BTW, neither of us "get" a performance bonus. We earn them.

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:

40 hour week?  That would be nice.  Wouldn't know what to do with all that free time.  Try 60-70 hour weeks and yes I am at work now posting here.

"I am at work now posting here."...? Define "at work" then...?  It's notable that you seem to have no shortage of "free time" as things stand.

In any case (violin sort included): I'm glad the musicians were finally able to get where they needed to go, and that has to be one of the coolest forms of protest I've ever seen. :)