New AA is going to grow in NYC.

AA has shrunk by half the size of DL and UA and DL's RASM is the highest among US carriers.

You say the same thing about LAX yet DL manages to pull down a higher int'l fare than AA whether looking at int'l and domestic or just domestic.

AA has passed the point where it can be a viable force in NYC.

Realize it screwed up and move on to something that might work.

And then you'll understand why AA and DL's RASM has both increased as much as it has because US' pricing policies of sucking passengers out of other carrier hubs has ended.

AA now has to rebuild AFTER taking away what US had that it never should have had before.

new AA had the opportunity to fly to major markets but decided to add a bunch of little markets in the Carolinas.

DL and UA and even B6 fly to major markets.

AA passed.

You think?...

While Skippy is off clutching the pearls saying that AA's passed the point of being viable, AA's simply leveraging the efficiencies from the merger.

I could probably go into more widgit-speak, but I just finished eating, and don't want to throw up on the keyboard.

Fear that the evidence will continue to mount that AA's presence is a whole weaker than you want to admit?

Merger synergies mean that combined AA has to REPLACE the traffic that US was gaining by undercutting other carriers including from NYC

Did I mention that US after giving DL 125 slot pairs at no cost is not even the dominant carrier in either LGA shuttle market?
AA is landlocked at LGA. Inside perimeter traffic doesnt fly from JFK

Somehow the lessons off DAL and DFW seem.to have been forgotten

• Banned
That is why the New AA's profit in the first quarter was about double of Delta's.

And AA is on track to set the most profitable year of any airline in history.

You smell of fear.

I fear nothing.

AA is still not paying its employees anywhere near what DL pays, AA is living in a honeymoon, including having not divested the assets that it is required to do so, and specific to this topic, AA is half the size of DL and UA in NYC and has shown no size of actually growing.

When there is confirmation that at the minimum, the latter has happened, let me know.

CompetitionDefense.png

dont forget that AA has had the bes operational performance in April   not to mention its all looking upwards  for the new AA  

• Banned
And dont forget they also led the industry in first quarter profits, not DL, lol!

AA is the single largest revenue generator at LAX and has been for years, even when UA was a bit larger. That isn't changing and won't change. Delta performs
better on LA-Tokyo. Congrats!

If one considers AA's corporate presence in New York "strong," (which it is, especially compared to Delta), in comparison it's corporate presence in Los Angeles is best described as dominating - NBC, Viacom, Boeing, DirecTV, CAA, Wells Fargo, etc., etc.  Basically all of Hollywood is with AA except Weinstein (Delta) and Disney (United).  

It's in a good position to do what it wants to do over the last half of the decade in LA and New York.

DL performs better not just at LAX on TYO even on HND where it gets better revenue than AA gets on either of its two Pacific flights from LAX but DL also has a higher average fare from LAX on both int'l and domestic.

DL just happens to be smaller.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with NYC other than chest thumping but the simple reality is that AA wasted 10 years in a restructuring where the biggest effect was that they dropped down to #3 in NYC.

AA also has lower average fares than DL and UA.

I don't doubt that AA COULD become larger at NYC but there is a bigger chance that they will buy UA's EWR operation than that they will organically grow LGA and JFK esp. since the same argument that some people want to use against DL at DAL is the exact same thing that DL did at LGA - lock up half the slots and so many gates that no one else has any growth capacity.

The prettiest terminal at JFK won't do anything given that LGA is the #1 short haul airport in NYC followed by EWR.

No airline has won or will win NYC without having a presence in the key domestic markets which AA cannot have and even when it had the opportunity to expand in, chose not to grow there.

MAH4546 said:
AA is the single largest revenue generator at LAX and has been for years, even when UA was a bit larger. That isn't changing and won't change. Delta performs
better on LA-Tokyo. Congrats!

If one considers AA's corporate presence in New York "strong," (which it is, especially compared to Delta), in comparison it's corporate presence in Los Angeles is best described as dominating - NBC, Viacom, Boeing, DirecTV, CAA, Wells Fargo, etc., etc.  Basically all of Hollywood is with AA except Weinstein (Delta) and Disney (United).  

It's in a good position to do what it wants to do over the last half of the decade in LA and New York.
Around 10 years ago I recall the company paper citing that NY was responsible for something like  20% of the company's total revenues. 

WorldTraveler said:
DL performs better not just at LAX on TYO even on HND where it gets better revenue than AA gets on either of its two Pacific flights from LAX but DL also has a higher average fare from LAX on both int'l and domestic.

DL just happens to be smaller.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with NYC other than chest thumping but the simple reality is that AA wasted 10 years in a restructuring where the biggest effect was that they dropped down to #3 in NYC.

AA also has lower average fares than DL and UA.

I don't doubt that AA COULD become larger at NYC but there is a bigger chance that they will buy UA's EWR operation than that they will organically grow LGA and JFK esp. since the same argument that some people want to use against DL at DAL is the exact same thing that DL did at LGA - lock up half the slots and so many gates that no one else has any growth capacity.

The prettiest terminal at JFK won't do anything given that LGA is the #1 short haul airport in NYC followed by EWR.

No airline has won or will win NYC without having a presence in the key domestic markets which AA cannot have and even when it had the opportunity to expand in, chose not to grow there.
I don't see AA expanding in EWR, I do see them buying or taking on Jet Blue though. Heard a rumor of 777 service to SJU. If you use bigger planes you don't need more slots. 

WorldTraveler said:
...No airline has won or will win NYC without having a presence in the key domestic markets which AA cannot have and even when it had the opportunity to expand in, chose not to grow there.
Domestic markets can be entered or exited at any time, as I'm sure you know. The combined US/AA connects a lot of dots across the USA and what is redundant can be moved to bolster underserved markets or open 'new' ones, without adding employees or airplanes. Mgmt is "choosing" it's "key domestic markets" now and there are no roadblocks to serving them.
Just curious, which "key domestic markets" were you referring to......other than ATL and SLC?

Back