New Frequent Flyer Program Announced

ringmaruf said:
Well, so far we've got two customers that are basically indifferent and can live with it, and one nattering nabob of negativism who's never happy with anything.

Anyone else?
[post="305733"][/post]​
:lol:

whlinder said:
AS does this, 15000 miles gets you 50% off up to $250. Of course, AS has always been ahead of the curve in this industry with IT.
[post="305747"][/post]​

As a t-shirt I was given by a vendor at a recent show says... AS must have "taken the SH out of IT". :p

PineyBob said:
Something like 10,000 miles and $149.00 to anywhere in the continental US. 20,000 Miles and $250 to the rest of the system. I was told that the only reason US didn't do that was their IT infrastructure couldn't do it.

Didn't they have this about 7-10 years ago? I think it was x miles to get 50% off a ticket.

ringmaruf said:
Well, so far we've got two customers that are basically indifferent and can live with it, and one nattering nabob of negativism who's never happy with anything.

Anyone else?
[post="305733"][/post]​

I like the new system. Clue is never happy with anything US Airways does. Why s/he continues to fly US Airways is beyond me.

USFlyer said:
I like the new system.
[post="305840"][/post]​

Please point out the specific things that are better about the new system (besides the kool-aide).

Then contrast those with what you lose in the new system.

The dump the cheap shots and stop thinking "geez, I'm glad my million banked miles" survived.

Then tell us again with a straight face that you like it.

What I like: Preserves the benefits of the existing programs, such as unlimited upgrades. Simplies award charts. Adds another tier for those who fly over 75K yet not enough to reach 100K.

What I dislike: No word about rollover.

What I don't care about: The 120 segment increase. All of my flying for the most part is to the West coast, so I always make US1 on miles before segments.

So, *straight face* I like the program. And, no cheap shot, truth hurts. You need to really stop flying US and move on. If I hated a company as much as you apparently do, I would never give them my business.