New Jobs To Pitts. Airport

i personally know several in FAB this moment who have applied and will leave U for the opportunity.(out of a certainty in their heart U is done in PIT)
i think TIMCO has already been swamped with app's.
many ex-U now work in non-union facilities....feeding the family is a higher priority to some than unionism.besides one can work in a non-union shop and still be a die hard trade unionist at heart.
I'm sure many will apply...but not so sure Timco would be willing to accept many cuurent U mechs who are also active union members. That just doesen't fit Timcos' style. Especially considering the strong union base in the PIT region in and of itself would lead me to believe that Timco may be very selective in their hiring process. The actual happenings may prove me wrong, but that is this posters' humble opinion.

i prefer to keep a totally updated resume in my holster...one never knows when....in this day and age. ;)

Especially considering the strong union base in the PIT region in and of itself
haven't been to too many meetings then ,eh??

I'm sure many will apply...but not so sure Timco would be willing to accept many cuurent U mechs who are also active union members. That just doesen't fit Timcos' style. Especially considering the strong union base in the PIT region in and of itself would lead me to believe that Timco may be very selective in their hiring process. The actual happenings may prove me wrong, but that is this posters' humble opinion.
All Timoc needs is a couple of ex-mechanics or Supervisors to give a nod to whom they should take. It won't be too hard. Hard core union members don't make bad workers. Most are actually the opposite. What you have in PIT is deep-down hard worker mentality and upbringing. That is what they should focus on. The rest, whether hard-core union or not are just plain slugs. Those guys, and we all know who you are, should be looking somewhere else. If life is fair, they would be getting the old "We'll call you".

All Timoc needs is a couple of ex-mechanics or Supervisors to give a nod to whom they should take. It won't be too hard. Hard core union members don't make bad workers. Most are actually the opposite. What you have in PIT is deep-down hard worker mentality and upbringing. That is what they should focus on. The rest, whether hard-core union or not are just plain slugs. Those guys, and we all know who you are, should be looking somewhere else. If life is fair, they would be getting the old "We'll call you".
Good post PITMTC...I hope you did not think that i was trying to infer that being a union member was a bad thing, that is not what I was saying. Just that Timco is non-unionized across its system, and they may be wary of who they hire considering that of all their other locations compared to PIT, are all in regions of the country that are generally non union. I do agree, though that most mechs at U whether die-hard unionists, in the middle, or hate them, are one of the best groups of mechs in this industry.

usually IMHO,strong union ethic = strong work ethic + lack of tolerance for slugs. :up:
I agree...Dell, you need to give me a lesson on speaking more succinctly, and to the point!!! LOL :p

Brilliant deduction there Watson :rolleyes:

Timco never hires former U-Mechs , yea Right. Think again Ace.

The TIMCO facility in GSO has plenty of former U Mechanics working there...and a Foreman or two as well. TIMCO has benefited plenty from U's scalebacks in CLT and closures in INT and GSO over the years

Stick to something you have actual knowledge of next time. :p

I'm sure TIMCO will hire plenty of Qualified folks from U...as a ready to go Labor base makes their situation all the more ideal.

NFS,
No, that is not what I thought. I am just hoping that there is at least a chance that some good workers who were impacted by U's history, get a chance to work locally again. I know many did not, or could not, leave the area because of deep roots.
There is no way that anything could take the union mentality out of a 15 to twenty year union member and that doesn't need to happen either. I can speak for myself and a bunch of others, when I say that I am just ready to come to work and do my job and not have to deal with that subject everyday. I could just do with a good place to earn my forty hours and go home.

The TIMCO facility in GSO has plenty of former U Mechanics working there...and a Foreman or two as well. TIMCO has benefited plenty from U's scalebacks in CLT and closures in INT and GSO over the years

I'm sure TIMCO will hire plenty of Qualified folks from U...as a ready to go Labor base makes their situation all the more ideal.
nice bedside manner there P/F. :down:

...I have also been known for giving out some good letters of reference as well. ...

I have read some of your letters and I know first hand you have. Some of these guys are not real go getters when it comes to job hunting and just want something handed to them.

Take a chill pill there, hero....Never said anything about former mechs at U not being qualified....I know it is obvious of the experience here in PIT...It runs circles around ANY station U or its other absorbed airlines ever had, along with the work ethic in this region. Re- read my post, relax, and understand I was not being anti-union, as your first few sentences of your reply seems to have hit a nerve. BTW...I have plenty of knowledge of what is transpiring, and before you bark, read and understand what is being posted...Thanks Phantom...GOOD DAY!!!!

I have read some of your letters and I know first hand you have. Some of these guys are not real go getters when it comes to job hunting and just want something handed to them.
Uh, yeah.
I must have an incorect perception of who is a good mechanic and person then, because I only give letters out to people that I hope will show example of my good judgement. So far, many have been offered jobs and are still working.

I am sorry PITMTC. I wrote my previous post in error. What I meant to say was I have read some of your letters and you do write a nice letter.

Next what I meant to say was excluding folks you have written letters for. There are employees of Airways that are not real go getters and want their next job handed to them. I just kind of ran everything together when I posted and I am sorry. I should have seperated my thoughts better.

i suppose there will be recognizable faces when TIMCO opens up and yes there will be jabs at working for less than when employed at U...but i fear for those jokesters,for TIMCO emp's may soon have the last laugh.

Back