New Lax-mex Service

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
American has applied to fly Los Angeles-Mexico City service starting this May. They propose two daily 757-200s. Delta is dropping this route at the end of the month, leaving it up for grabs for another US carrier. However, Continental has also applied to fly the route. Despite Continental's strong Mexican presence, I think AA's strong LAX presence is going to win them the authority.

With AA's portfolio of international routes from LAX I think any other choice would be second best.

UA already flies the route, Dal is giving it up do who left. NW, AA, US, SW, AS and who know? SW won't go int'l. US in BK. NW could but isn't strong to Mexico. AS could and should try to get this route. AA flies to the main international, LHR & NRT, from LAX and the big east coast cities. It is huge to Mexico from the midwest and Miami too. Delta bought Western Air and got the "Franchise" at LAX should today be the bigest airline in LAX but gave it all up. UA may be bigger then AA at LAX but this airport like JFK, BOS and O'hare is big enough for two.

Rob said:
You left HP out of the race. It would be a good route for them, too.
[post="237504"][/post]​

No doubt, but they have not applied for it.

Alaska Airlines, however, has joined CO and AA in the application process.

MAH4546 said:
American has applied to fly Los Angeles-Mexico City service starting this May. They propose two daily 757-200s. Delta is dropping this route at the end of the month, leaving it up for grabs for another US carrier. However, Continental has also applied to fly the route. Despite Continental's strong Mexican presence, I think AA's strong LAX presence is going to win them the authority.
[post="236989"][/post]​
Is this considered to be domestic or international flying?

FORGET IT !! THE LAX BAGGAGE SYSTEM CANNOT HANDLE THE CURRENT LOAD, IT FAILS ALMOST DAILY.

okoge1027 said:
Is this considered to be domestic or international flying?
[post="237727"][/post]​

When we ran LAX-GDL it was staffed by domestic crews since it was not overwater

Back