New NWA uniform...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look! Crystal Knotek managed to get her picture taken! I'm shocked. Just shocked! :rolleyes: :lol:

Seriously, I like the new look... I was a little suprised to see the blue, but I think it works well.

Now to see what those of us on the ramp will be sporting....

I always have wondered why rampers don't wear high visability colors like the bright green or orange. Most airlines have added the safety vests which seem like more of a hazzard as they get worn and can get pulled into a belt loader or something. I saw the uniform for a MDOT motorist assist guy in Taco Bell the other day and he had a nice looking uniform, it was that bright green high visability color and had a reflective areas sewn in but looked real professional and his jacket looked warm.

Ramp duty is hazzardous but no reason you guys shouldn't look good and safe at the same time.

I just never understood why so many companies choose dark colors for their ramp and make them wear those vests they should incorporate visibility into the uniform.

I always have wondered why rampers don't wear high visability colors like the bright green or orange. Most airlines have added the safety vests which seem like more of a hazzard as they get worn and can get pulled into a belt loader or something. I saw the uniform for a MDOT motorist assist guy in Taco Bell the other day and he had a nice looking uniform, it was that bright green high visability color and had a reflective areas sewn in but looked real professional and his jacket looked warm.

Ramp duty is hazzardous but no reason you guys shouldn't look good and safe at the same time.

I just never understood why so many companies choose dark colors for their ramp and make them wear those vests they should incorporate visibility into the uniform.

Hey NWA folks! New uniforms look nice!

But...has anyone noticed how similar they are in style and colours ;except that the pants/skirts are charcoal grey and not navy, they seem so the new USAirways uniform????

Just thought I would point it out.
If anyone disagrees, go back and look at ours (US) and then compare to NWA!

Cheers.

Would love to see the new uniforms but the link is comming up requesting user name and password. Can someone cut and paste the pics on here?

I changed my response... because, "we all know American airline industry employees are not Victory Secret models."

I applaud NW for being realistic with it's models ( we have plenty of smokin HOT crew members).

Love the MID WEST comment...the Mid West is educated, beautiful, determined, and envied as one of the most powerful economic areas on the planet.

Good luck to who ever purchases United.

A little defensive, aren't we? I don't find them flattering, regardless of whether they were designed in Manhattan or Minneapolis. I do find Delta's flattering. Just an opinion. I don't care for sky blue mixed with charcoal (think Delta's former uniform) and I think that stretch components are too casual for an airline with international reach. Speaking a foreign language, possessing a graduate degree, having worked for Pan Am, and United Airlines is irrelevant (but good on ya since you feel that's important to the discussion at hand). I don't like them. I also don't care for NWA's choice of models. I find the new look and NWA's overweight models rather unappealing. Since this is a public forum, I felt compelled to chime in with my critique, so don't get your undies in a wad...Merry Christmas...or would you prefer, Joyeux Noel?

Attachments

• 2106655307_6f3928dc37_s.jpg
    2106655307_6f3928dc37_s.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 184
Uh huh. Detroit and its thriving auto industry are forces to be reckoned with. I'm sure Toyota and Honda are shaking in their boots trying to compete along side Ford and GM...
[/quote

"I find them to be quintessentially Midwest"

Well...since you had to go and get ALL LOCATION/INSINUATION, I thought it best to give you some back ground on that "Midwest" assumption. And for someone working for the WORLD'S largest MIDWEST airline...you sure are full of self hate.

Toyota and Honda fly an airline that was BIRTHED by Northwest...got that?

Your personal preference is noted...stemming from your present Georgio Armani rags! (Thank GOD for all those SLIM TRIM ULTRA THIN United beauties) Judging from your "retro spin" you are no fashion mavan.

Glad you like Delta's ...this isn't about Delta. You like or you don't. You don't have to insult the people modeling them. I would love to see you up there...(I'd be willing to represent... at 6'0 175.) We stay quit fit on the Coast. (yoga and Tai quan do).

E italiano cara..non e Francese.

I suggested this very thing at to some of VP's that came through on a road show (I used Waste Management's uniform as an example-it has reflective stripes incorporated in it , and looks nice), and it went over like a lead balloon.... Even showing them how it'd be cheaper than paying for both the vest and shirts did no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.