New Paint Lands In Phl

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
New Paint Job from New Iberia Flight 9239 is scheduled to land at PHL at 9:12pm according to Flytecomm

BuffaloJoe said:
New Paint Job from New Iberia Flight 9239 is scheduled to land at PHL at 9:12pm according to Flytecomm
[post="291036"][/post]​

Thats the biggest tease ever! Where are the photos?
It has been on the ground 8 minutes, I wanna see pics before going off to bed.

UPNAWAY said:
It has been on the ground 8 minutes, I wanna see pics before going off to bed.
[post="291039"][/post]​

Well, since it's PHL, it should be at the gate in another 25 minutes or so. Then they'll have to wait 10 minutes or so for an Airbus-qualified jetway driver. :)

ringmaruf said:
Well, since it's PHL, it should be at the gate in another 25 minutes or so.  Then they'll have to wait 10 minutes or so for an Airbus-qualified jetway driver.  :)
[post="291048"][/post]​

10 mins? you are being kind.

let's hope they didn't check any bags.

rumor is they showed a movie on the way down, but US didn't pay for the rights to show the movie on the way back to PHL

ringmaruf said:
Well, since it's PHL, it should be at the gate in another 25 minutes or so. Then they'll have to wait 10 minutes or so for an Airbus-qualified jetway driver. :)
[post="291048"][/post]​

OK, are you kidding about a qualified AB jetway driver? Do the qualifications depend on the fleet type? At HP it is just a jetway qualification. If you can drive the jetway it would not seem to matter to what you are driving to?
Admitidly in PHX some where much tougher than others but not becuase of the AC parked there but becuase of the distance and angle traveled.

A friend told me that the name US Airways was removed from the large hangar in PHL. Is this true? If so is it in preparation for a new style or font for the name or is it some other reason?

JayBrian said:
A friend told me that the name US Airways was removed from the large hangar in PHL. Is this true? If so is it in preparation for a new style or font for the name or is it some other reason?
[post="291053"][/post]​

No, it is still there. If you are talking about the newer one that is painted in US colors.

UPNAWAY said:
OK, are you kidding about a qualified AB jetway driver?
[post="291050"][/post]​

Well, I was kidding in that it's no longer a problem, hasn't been a problem for the last 2-3 years or so I'd say. But I was serious at the same time.

For *years* after US got the Airbii, when arriving at PHL on one, there'd invariably be a *long* wait, after we were at the gate. And, on the occasions where the crew gave an explanation for the delay, they said that they were waiting for an "Airbus qualified jetway driver".

I'm sure I'm not the only person that's heard that; I heard it given as an excuse on numerous occasions.

As for what the heck it entails, well, you'd have to ask a US employee about that one.

Only at PHL. :)

Back