N305AS

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
"....my kinda town, Chicago..."

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 5, 2004

CHICAGO IS ALASKA AIRLINES’ KIND OF TOWN, CARRIER ANNOUNCES
NEW SERVICE FROM SEATTLE TO O’HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

SEATTLE — Alaska Airlines today announced that it will begin twice daily service from Seattle to The Windy City starting April 26.

To kickoff the new service, Alaska will offer an introductory fare of $79 each way between the cities and will operate Boeing 737 aircraft on the route. Flight 20 will depart Seattle at 8:45 a.m. and arrive at Chicago O’Hare International Airport at 2:38 p.m. Flight 22 will depart Seattle at 4:00 p.m. arriving at 9:42 p.m. Returning flights from Chicago will depart at 8:15 a.m. and 3:50 p.m. arriving in Seattle at 10:46 a.m. and 6:26 p.m. respectively.

The flights are timed for easy connections from Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air points throughout the Pacific Northwest, Canada and Alaska. Additionally, travelers will have access to 68 cities beyond Chicago through Alaska’s codeshare partnership with American Airlines.

“We are pleased to offer Seattle-Chicago not only to our existing customers, but also to Chicago-area travelers heading to the Pacific Northwest†said Gregg Saretsky, Alaska’s executive vice president of marketing and planning. “This is a natural growth point for us, and builds on our east-west strategy utilizing our Seattle hub.â€

Since launching its first eastern market more than two years ago, Alaska has expanded by connecting Seattle with its customers’ favorite destinations to the east. Alaska Airlines currently serves Chicago with one daily flight from Anchorage.

All flights to and from Chicago will be equipped with Alaska’s recently launched digEplayer inflight entertainment system. The state-of-the-art system gives Alaska’s customers the choice of up to 20 full-length features including first run movies and TV shows.

A business powerhouse and one of the busiest air travel markets in the world, Chicago is also home to Wrigley Field, the Sears Tower and the Museum of Science & Industry.

The nation’s ninth largest carrier, Alaska Airlines was named 2003 Technology Leader of the Year by Air Transport World Magazine. Alaska and its sister carrier, Horizon Air, together serve 80 cities in Alaska, the Lower 48, Canada and Mexico.

For reservations visit [ http://www.alaskaair.com ]www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom on the Internet at http://newsroom.alaskaair.com.

Very logical addition for Alaska... Surprised this one did not happen sooner. I suppose AA might not be happy with this though.

funguy2 said:
Very logical addition for Alaska... Surprised this one did not happen sooner. I suppose AA might not be happy with this though.
AMR might have had something to do with this. Remember, the DOT (or whoever it was) asked AMR and UAL to detune their ORD flights during peak times. Maybe this is AMR's way around that and maintain a position. I would bet the flight has an AMR code share on it!

Great move for us too!

Bravo! :up:

This definitely makes sense. Will there be a PDX-ORD flight down the road?

I think this would have happened sooner had WN not started SEA-MDW.

With AA and AS getting closer (more codeshares), starting this route was a must. Now will SEA-DFW be next?

mach none said:
AMR might have had something to do with this. Remember, the DOT (or whoever it was) asked AMR and UAL to detune their ORD flights during peak times. Maybe this is AMR's way around that and maintain a position. I would bet the flight has an AMR code share on it!

Great move for us too!

Intriguing. You may be right, I did not think of it that way.

funguy2 said:
mach none said:

Great move for us too!

Intriguing. You may be right, I did not think of it that way.
I think this was going to happen regardless of the cutbacks at ORD. With all new Code Sharing between AA and AS it would be insane NOT to fly into AA's ORD Hub. Doesn't AS already use AA's gates at ORD?

Latest posts