Alaska - Solidifying its Dominance in SEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
you seem to be having a problem with your keyboard.

can you try your post again?

I'm sure you have something useful to say about the topic.

Reactions: 1 person
Which personnel will handles these flights at the hubs? Will they use jetbridges? To AS' credit they are providing wifi, power outlets and hot meals on these flights.

Josh

on the other hand  NO ONE REALLY gives a rats arse about DL this  about DL that in SEA or anywhere for that matter  

hint   the title of the thread speaks for itself

Looks like the Eskimo's bringing some E75's (and new routes) to the party:

http://splash.alaskasworld.com/Newsroom/ASNews/ASstories/AS_20141125_045610.asp

Interesting that OO will be doing more flying for both DL & AS.
apparently they also are giving up on IAD before even launching it - months away.

MKE was due to get some more western focused flying so glad to see that happening.

OTOH, if an E175 can make it to MKE and back from SEA, ORD is probably not a stretch for the other SEA hub carrier.  

on the other hand  NO ONE REALLY gives a rats arse about DL this  about DL that in SEA or anywhere for that matter  

hint   the title of the thread speaks for itself
uh... can you read Kev's statement above?

he made an accurate observation.... too bad you are driven solely by emotion without logic or reason.

the fact that someone else mentioned it just today says they don't have this phobia of talking about AS and DL in the same sentence.

Kev is bright enough to see the market for what it is.

and he caught the irony of SkyWest flying for both AS and DL - which quite frankly didn't cross my mind. I'm glad he said what he said.

WorldTraveler said:
apparently they also are giving up on IAD before even launching it - months away.MKE was due to get some more western focused flying so glad to see that happening.OTOH, if an E175 can make it to MKE and back from SEA, ORD is probably not a stretch for the other SEA hub carrier.   uh... can you read Kev's statement above?he made an accurate observation.... too bad you are driven solely by emotion without logic or reason.
Dream on! DL just announced they're giving up on MEM-ORD, indicating they have weak position in the local Chicago scene

uh, MEM is not a hub for DL anymore.

SEA is.

SEA-ORD doesn't appear to be on DL's radar for this year but I would hardly call further growth by DL at ORD dreaming.

The strength of DL's position in LGA-ORD where DL actually gets the highest average fare with a 20% market share - proves that DL can compete in top Chicago markets.... and DL is already the top airline with an average fare premium to ATL, DTW, and MSP from Chicago.

Wow, DL gets higher fares to its fortress hubs in Beta-second-tier cities, whoopdedo. Congrats, widget.

Color me shocked. In other news, the sky is blue.

Reactions: 1 person
And by the way, I commuted between LGA and ORD plenty of times before I got hired at AA and based in New York, often in first class. The experience on the Shuttle America 175s was subpar in every way to the mainline service offered by UA and especially AA. I still shudder and remember the gross trays of cold chicken pasta salad I was served day after day after day.

And by the way, the fact that I, as an S3, so consistently got a first class seat on that segment, while FC on UA and AA were always booked full, should tell you something. LOL.

you do realize that DL gets more local revenue from DTW and MSP than AA gets from MIA or ORD?

so tell me what is the advantage of having a hub in a larger city where there is more competition.

and your perspective of the onboard service may very well be right - but for whatever reason DL manages to get higher average fares.

How CAN that be?

and you don't fly on DL S3s anymore, right?

The advantage of having hubs in large cities is (at least for this non-revving employee) having nonstop flights to places were people, you know, *actually* want to go. LOL.

Which is more than I can say for Delta.

And maybe I still get S3s, you have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.