New Trans-atlantic Coach Meal Service

MR AIRPORT

Apr 8, 2003
Catering flt 94 this evening in CLT, which I haven't done since March 1, I realized that the company went to a disposable set-up for coach made of cardboard. What a F***ing joke. I have worked for this company for 20 years and it has hit rock bottom. All the catering changes haven't bothered me but this is PISSED me off. The outbound meal had a small package of carrots and a small cup of ranch dressing, a piece of cheese and two crackers, a mini moon pie and a place for a hot meal. I would like to know what JACKASS came up with this idea. I know that the company is trying to save money by not washing and handling catering items, but this will not fly this summer when the flight are full and people are paying for the summer travel to Europe. The flight to Europe were the last semi decent meal you could on US. But then again you get what you pay for.

YOu mean you did not get the memo about the cardboard?

The Cardboard is actually a new special material that is high in Vitamins A, B complex, Riboflavin, and vitamin E, and high in dietary fiber. They come in Beef Chicken and vegatarian flavors....

***for the sake of liability, the preceding was a sarcastic joke, dont eat the cardboard, and I'd avoid the mini moonpies too***

From what I hear, in PHL this has been going on for this last month. It seems to be going over well with the pax. No complaints from the full flights to Europe.

I dont understand what all the fuss is about. The pax like it from what i hear. Its nothing like the domestic "buy on board". On transatlantic flights you are still getiing a hot meal to CHOOSE from. The only change i see is that instead of a salad you are getting veggies and dip. Sounds good to me.Then again, people always need something to be-atch about to be happy.

For the low fares these people are getting they shouldn't get S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvthe9 said:
For the low fares these people are getting they shouldn't get S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="257338"][/post]​

Typical US Air employee attitude. You should be happy that anyone is flying U after this past winter.

PineyBob said:
Well I now have an excuse to take a long weekend in Europe. To check out the coach meal service and report back.
[post="257330"][/post]​

I have flown far too many 8 to 15 hour flights in my life to be enticed to try another for the sake of checking out a box lunch.

Surely you jest!!

"YOu mean you did not get the memo about the cardboard?

The Cardboard is actually a new special material that is high in Vitamins A, B complex, Riboflavin, and vitamin E, and high in dietary fiber. They come in Beef Chicken and vegatarian flavors...."

The BEST of the year! Sell it to Leno immediately! :D

Listen to yourselves people, you hate the new cups, you hate the new Trans Atlantic meal packaging. Would you naysayers rather go back to the 21% pay cut. No matter what this company does to save money (and save the jobs of the rest of us sticking it out here) you bi### and moan.

Ask the involuntary furloughees if they would be willing to come back and do your job you hate so much if it meant using styrofoam cups with squiggly lines on it or cardboard meal packaging.

What do you bet they wouldn't give a rats ### what kind of packaging they used, as long as they got paid.

Everyday I wake up and thankful I have a job and can put food on my table. No, I don't like this management. And yes, I think they are a bunch of thieves and they certainly don't know how to run an airline, but I can't seem to find the energy to complain about something so petty as cups or cardboard!! :angry:

Oh yet another pathetic response from an employee who thinks working for US is the best they can do. You should be ashamed of yoursefl, do u know how pathetic you sound?? US mgmt doenst have a clue or could give a rats A$$ about pax, customer service or employees. I sure hope you have a plan B or you'll be devestated when US shuts down......
PSA1979 said:
Listen to yourselves people, you hate the new cups, you hate the new Trans Atlantic meal packaging. Would you naysayers rather go back to the 21% pay cut. No matter what this company does to save money (and save the jobs of the rest of us sticking it out here) you bi### and moan.

Ask the involuntary furloughees if they would be willing to come back and do your job you hate so much if it meant using styrofoam cups with squiggly lines on it or cardboard meal packaging.

What do you bet they wouldn't give a rats ### what kind of packaging they used, as long as they got paid.

Everyday I wake up and thankful I have a job and can put food on my table. No, I don't like this management. And yes, I think they are a bunch of thieves and they certainly don't know how to run an airline, but I can't seem to find the energy to complain about something so petty as cups or cardboard!! :angry:
[post="257395"][/post]​
:down: :down: :down:

NAPAUS said:
Oh yet another pathetic response from an employee who thinks working for US is the best they can do. You should be ashamed of yoursefl, do u know how pathetic you sound?? US mgmt doenst have a clue or could give a rats A$$ about pax, customer service or employees. I sure hope you have a plan B or you'll be devestated when US shuts down...... :down: :down: :down:
[post="257431"][/post]​

Keepin' it real. I like that. :up:

NAPAUS said:
Oh yet another pathetic response from an employee who thinks working for US is the best they can do. You should be ashamed of yoursefl, do u know how pathetic you sound?? US mgmt doenst have a clue or could give a rats A$$ about pax, customer service or employees. I sure hope you have a plan B or you'll be devestated when US shuts down...... :down: :down: :down:
[post="257431"][/post]​
Listen to them??????..... Listen to yourself. I agree!! You people complain about the dumbest things. You people would #### and moan if the company gave you a $100 bill. It's old, it's wrinkled, someone wrote on it. It all spends the same!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a bunch of self serving critics in my life.

Absolutely unreal....you really are! PSA1979, we know each other and we have worked together. We know how to give our customers good service. The ball dosent drop with a cardboard box as many of our fellow workers believe.mNo matter what my pay is, im in a industry which relies on its customers....I dont know..call me old school..the customer matters and I and the likes of fellow crew members like myself and PSA1979 will go out of there way to provide quality service.

NAPAUS said:
Oh yet  another pathetic response from an employee who thinks working for US is the best they can do. You should be ashamed of yoursefl, do u know how pathetic you sound?? US mgmt doenst have a clue or could give a rats A$$ about pax, customer service or employees. I sure hope you have a plan B or you'll be devestated when US shuts down...... :down:  :down:  :down:
[post="257431"][/post]​

How do you know what I think? All I was commenting on was the pathetic way the whiners on here complain about everything. Every little thing this company does to save we hear a bunch of cry babies griping about it.

Whether or not I have a plan B is non of your business. And since when is it bad to have a job, albiet not the best company to work for. But like I said right now, it pays the rent.

Call me whatever you want, but I am hanging around here until the doors close. I have a little pride in myself and hope we can save this airline. We are at the end of our ropes as far as labor give backs. Now it's time for this useless management to do what they should have done all along. Save the company.

If they fail, I can look myself in the mirror every day and say I did my best. It was all managements fault that we went under. Then I'll go on with my life. My parents didn't raise a quitter!

Hey thanks TransatlanticFlyGuy, can't wait to fly with you again!!!

Amen to that Twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts