Newburgh gets additional service

Heinrich

Senior
Dec 20, 2002
With Independence, United, and Southeast gone, you'd think that USAir would've increased capacity awhile back with more flights.

I notice finally in March they do an "upgrade" to the general public with 1 CRJ

Flight:

US Airways flight
Aircraft
Canadair Regional Jet
Depart:
Philadelphia, PA (PHL)

Fri., Mar.
12:40pm
Arrive:
Newburgh/Stewart, NY (SWF)
Fri., Mar.
1:32pm
Travel Time:
0 hours 52 minutes

Unfortunately this is MY flight, and I consider it to be a downgrade from the DASH.

The Dash is a little tank, it can load up and get a slot in a thunderstorm faster than a 737. It cancels less often than a CRJ an is repaired more often when CRJ flights are cancelled.

BAH HUMBUG!!!

At least US seems to be increasing lift in this underserved market.

How is it no one has mentioned that the March schedule goes from 6x DH8 to 4x DH8 and 2x CRJ between ISP and PHL????

That is the first attempt to upgrade service from ISP in a VERY long time......

At least US seems to be increasing lift in this underserved market.

Any increase is nice, but it's really far too little to matter.

And to think that US at SWF used to offer mainline to CLT and PIT, RJs to BOS and PHL, props at various times to IAD, BWI, LGA and several others, and even RJs on SWF-RDU. Yes, you read that last route right. Remember that? The idea of using RJs to open new point-to-point routes, instead of replacing mainline jets? What an idea.

ISP too, once had mainline to CLT and PIT and MCO and FLL, along with loads of Express.

I understand that WN now controls ISP, there's nothing that can be done about that. But there's no reason that US shouldn't absolutely *dominate* at airports like SWF, HPN, HVN. Yet they continue to offer this half-assed service and think people should jump for joy when a prop or two is upgraded to an RJ.

Back