Northwest to layoff 2,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably dead on... Either that, or it's DGS for everyone. :angry: :down:

Kev,

What is your take on this letter?

We Encourage Everyone Not To Participate In The Survey
August 19, 2008
I think it is no coincidence that IAMAW DL143 came out with this on the 3-year anniversary of our strike on Northwest Airlines.

Friday, August 19, 2005 - Page updated at 12:00 AM

E-mail article Print view
Northwest mechanics go on strike

By Leslie Miller

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Mechanics struck Northwest Airlines early Saturday after refusing big pay cuts and layoffs that would have cut their numbers almost in half. The nation's fourth largest airline pledged to keep flying with replacements.

The last time the IAMAW urged anyone not to participate on August 19, was in 2005, when an entire district showed up to work to perform scab labor. They urged members to cross a legal picket line of their co-workers.
Full article

How can anyone associated with this district actually look anyone in the eye, and keep a straight face.

They are a disgrace of what they call a union.

I am sorry Kev, but the membership gets what they deserve from the master to which they bowed.

Kev,

What is your take on this letter?

I think the letter itself is a direct result of the frustration DL143 feels about being ignored at every turn by leaders at both side (of course, they've ignored everyone else-save ALPA-as well).

As for the survey itself, it's geared so that there is no room for the voice of dissent. There's a comment section, but I guarantee that when the survey is complete, the only ones that'll see the light of day will be the usual fluff we've been seeing so far (eg, "The non-revving will be great!"). I will be glad to stand corrected if I see anything to the contrary, but I'm not holding my breath.

They could have saved a lot of time and just asked the IAM/AFA/NAMA/TWU/ATSA what their concerns are/were. One phone call could have done it all, you know?

I think it is no coincidence that IAMAW DL143 came out with this on the 3-year anniversary of our strike on Northwest Airlines.

I can't believe it's been three years already...

How can anyone associated with this district actually look anyone in the eye, and keep a straight face.

They are a disgrace of what they call a union.

I am sorry Kev, but the membership gets what they deserve from the master to which they bowed.

Remember, they didn't ask us what we wanted (which was inexcusable on it's own); they just went ahead and did it.

Luckily, a lot of the people that were in during '05 are gone now. I understand/respect where you're coming from, but I have a lot more faith (relatively speaking) in the current group than I ever did before. Hopefully, their actions will bear that out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts