Nova Scotia's Gonna Float Tonite!

Louie

Advanced
Mar 14, 2003
Lard tunderin.

We're gonna get more wind tonight than even ol Twotter can blow and thats saying something!!! :D
Just went out and took down the hanging baskets , saluted the flag and brought her in too!!

It's 1pm here on the Mountain and it's starting to blow a gale now, how about the rest of you maritimers?

:shock:

Why did you leave Vancouver Island?

It is sunny and around 25 degrees C. here.

Anyhow hope everything turns out ok.

The Reverend Chas W.

:eek: Am getting the row boat ready here... :shock: :shock: YEEKS!!! :blink: If the storm surge and rain are going to be as bad as they say, not to mention high tide in the bay of Fundy I'd say Monday morning we'll be rowing boats down Robie st. again :unsure: :unsure:

Yeah went golfing today. Winds were so bad that I hit a drive and had to walk back twenty feet to hit my next shot. (and I didn't hit a tree as people would think). Thank goodness most of my shots were worm burners. :lol:

Thinking about building an ark or maybe just a canoe. Hope the roof hangs in overnight any ways. We're going to just get the edge of it I guess. B)

WEll holy smokes Juan left quite a mess... had no power since 1130 pm sunday night, no phones,no water, and no sleep..

The tree and wind dammage is amazing!! :shock: My poor fire dept has never been so busy with calls... we've been flat out... between trees down on re- energized power lines and arcing, transformers catching on fire, poles themselves catching on fire...downed lines, generators catching on fire, generators catching other stuff on fire... :wacko: false alarms because of god only knows what kind of dammage.... been crazy..... Power just came back on about 20 minutes ago...10 20pm and finally all is quiet... least for a while... ( I hope :rolleyes: ) AM so looking forward to a shower and a good nights sleep.... am just hoping I don't get paged again.....

Kudos to all the folks at NS power, MTT, all the volunteer and paid fire fighters and the various police depts... GOOD job folks... and gotta love canada.. it's the only country where during a state of emergency... they'll announce over the radio where tim hortens is open... :up: gotta have that cuppa joe...

yep that was quite a night, thought the roof was going to come off and we'd end up in Kansas with the wizard of oz....no pwr,no tel, no water till this am!!

thank god the liquor store was open by the superstore...lol :up:

Louie you old cod whollaper...

I resemble your previous remarks... Whatcha been up to old boy?? Other than hiding behind the wife's skirts in the eye of the storm....

Cheers buddy..

Yup WG, Timmies is a Maritime tradition, it's good to know the radio kept you up to date on the one's that were open. Good way to keep you and those other fire-fighters going 24/7 through this storm........
I remember when I arrived in halifax in 1996, it was the day after Hugo went through.

:up: yep slowly but surely things are calming down and getting back to normal... been an insane couple of days here... frustrating in a lot of ways because were were not able to do much about the trees and power line dammage. a lot of the calls my fire dept recieved were for lines on trees arcing and causing fires... we had a structure fire and some stupid fires caused by generators catching stuff on fire etc.... Never been so happy to have a shower in my life... after fighting half a dozen fires, wearing bunker gear on hot summer days is like wearing a sauna... and well it don't smell too pretty :unsure: nice and clean again.. and had a few good nights sleep... does ya the world of good!!!

Halifax is still in pretty bad shape I think.. But the Truro area is getting back to normal slowly.

Back