NW/DL Merger "Real Possibilty"

whaledriver

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
AMSTERDAM, June 14 (Reuters) - The chief of KLM, part of the Air France (AIRF.PA: Quote, Profile, Research) group, said that a merger between U.S. airlines Northwest Airlines (NWACQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) and Delta Air Lines (DALRQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) was a "real possibility," Dutch news agency ANP reported on Wednesday.

Leo van Wijk, chief executive of KLM, told reporters in New York that such a merger would produce benefit for Air France-KLM, adding: "It would be easier to deal with one entity."

The U.S. airline industry has been battered by rising fuel costs, weak revenue and low-fare competition, leading some carriers, including Delta and Northwest, into bankruptcy.

In January, U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta suggested that a merger between Northwest and Delta could result from the latest round of industry restructuring.

Mineta is not the first industry expert to predict consolidation in the ailing airline industry. And analysts have speculated on the possibility of a Delta/Northwest merger.

nothing wont happen till they officially announce it. I am just surprised that KLM would say that unless they may know more but cant tell.

Phone Rings....

Leo vn Wijk: Hello?

Doug Steenland: Hiya Leo, I have a favor to ask you.

LvW: Yah Doog, ask away.

DS: Well Leo, We and the Delta folks have decided to merge. We've got the mechanics union out and the pilots of both groups are beat down. Once we get ou F/A group beat down we'll be ready to merge.

LvW: Whot aboot them rampers?

DS: LOL...oh Leo, we beat them down last month...everything is going according to plan...We just need you to make an off the cuff remark about us merging, you dig?

LvW: Yah Doog, me Dig.

DS: I'll send you the exact wording...

LvW: Whot aboot them feds?

DS: I've already greased the judges from the $100M we held out to train mechanics. Plenty of money left from that...and I've still got them pictures of Mineta you sent me when he was on that "fact fiinding mission" to Amsterdam smoking weed and watching strippers...LOL

LvW: LOL...Yah...thems plenty funny pictures...I still have mine in the drawer here. I pull them out when I need a chuckle...

DS: Thanks Leo, I'll be in touch...LOL..

funny post there DON! I havent heard of any REAL PROFESSIONAL MECHANICS fillin the lavs up with blue juice by way of bringing the bluse shet into the cabing and into the lav

as far i know from my fellow union friends it is the scabs that do the shetty work as i always believe that that was there job as it was prior when AMFA was there.

Robbedagain, thats funny because the scab mechanics don't service the lavs for NWA. The rampers do.
Well Danny boy, your about a day late and a dollar short there hoss. If you had been reading this board for any length of time, then you would surely know that SUPERSCAB has indeed serviced a lav with 'buckets o' blue juice' in order to kick a plane off the gate, this by his own admission nonetheless. If you want to comment on something thats great, but get your facts straight first. :D

Unemployment :up:
It's a special technique developed by a SUPERSCAB in order to get a jet off the gate with an UNserviceable crapper. :huh:

This isn't a very pretty picture! Carrying buckets of blue juice through the aircraft cabin enroute to the lavs. How repulsive! This process must leave a lasting impression on passengers who are seated on the airplane. YIKES!