Nwa And Union At Odds- Scabs!

Depends on the amount of damage to wing and tail. How much special equipment did Airbus have to bring in to RE-JIG the aircraft for the repair??? I am sure that in major damage cases it is easier for the manufacture to come in and make a MAJOR repair to equipment they designed and built. But then again sometimes not, as in the case of the JAL 747 that a Boeing technical team didn't repair properly and left out complete rows of rivets in the AFT pressure bulkhead that gave way and killed everyone on board.

But then again, as long as I've been in the industry going on over 30 years. I have NEVER seen an aircraft with MAJOR damage not getting repaired by the manufacture. Economically it make more sense! They can get the aircraft back in service quicker than most airline personel can???

A few cases in point, a UniTED A-320 losing engine cowls on the #1 ENG on take off because the mechanics didn't latch the cowl. It was quicker for Airbus to come and replace the whole engine pylon versus the UniTED mechanics making the major repair to the pylon.

At Continental we had a MD-80 get major damage to a right wing inboard about 6 feet. It was quicker to have a Douglas crew come and replace the outer section of wing instead of Continental making the repairs.

Also, a 737-300 that fell off jacks and had them go through the wings. Boeing had to come make those repairs. Or the DC-10 in Gaum that rolled backwards off the airport property, down 4 fights of stair on a Navy base and coming to rest on some officers house. No airline had the capability to repair that aircraft.

Or the UniTED DC-10 the mechanics towed into an over hang and caved in the cockpit roof. UniTED opted to do that repair after a temporary repair for an un pressurized flight to OAK. It took them MONTHS to repair the damage. Probably would have been less if Douglas came and did the repair.

So we can be sympathetic your cause, how much damage was sustained to this aircraft? When was it damaged, and HOW LONG have your mechanics, engineers, and sheetmetal technicians been working on it?? DETAILS!!!!!

Now if it was just NWA bringing outside contractors in to repair the plane I think you would have a case. But obviously they have realized that their maintenance department doesn't have the expertice or the capability to do the major repairs to get the aircraft back in service in a timely manner. DETAILS!!!!

magsau said:

Magsau...will you be applying for a scab job? Cause your company may not be around long enough for you to enjoy our BK. :shock:

"United Airlines flight attendants could begin random walkouts Friday if their airline goes ahead with its decision to turn over their pension plan to the federal government."

The SCAB Airline that WORKS for FREE [damn near]...United Airlines ( SUCKING the INDUSTRY DOWN the SEWER with BANKRUPTCY!) They UNITED AIRLINES can't SURVIVE outside of BANKRUPTCY...

"Mr. Brace is responsible for much of the misery at UA. Avolar and the failed US merger are his babies. Dubinsky is probably the only person more culpable for UA's troubles."

When will it END...AFA please put the poor beast out of it's misery.

Sorry North, won't happen. Not saying you won't find some random soul marching around the domicile in a green t-shirt carrying a sign, but the majority will NEVER strike over this issue.

Yesterday a friend called to ask if we are going on strike (she's a flight attendant), she had NO IDEA that it was even an issue....she read it in the paper. AFA picked the wrong time and the wrong issue to get people fired up.

So you guys go ahead and show us how to do it.

bend-over-2.gif

NBNW,

Well I think we found some interesting information about you in your last post. Ever wonder why UA has not been trying to hire scabs to fill in for any AFA action? For one they know the AFA does not have the support of the rank and file. The AFA is in the process of being ousted and they are grasping for straws. Too bad they picked an illegal job action. There is no precedent for a job action under the BK code. They have a current working agreement and any F/A that takes any type of CHAOS action will be fired. So if they are looking to leave they may have a case of the blue flu or some other ailement. The company has made it very clear they will fire all them.

So now back to the question of why no stockpiling of scabs, ala Knockworst. The company knows there are very few if any that will participiate in an illegal job action so they do not need to hire a bunch of scabs to do the job. The company is not actively asking to have the strike called, ala NW and its mechanics, because they don't need to. The employees of UAL have rationalized the future, realize the path needed to go forward and are executing such plan. Now in the case of the bluster and muster of the aeroflotistas at NW they haven't a clue about the future of the industry.

Now relax a bit, take a deep breath and go watch Oprah and settle your nerves. You are coming apart at the seams and maybe you just need a little more "you" time.

"]The employees of UAL have rationalized the future, realize the path needed to go forward and are executing such plan. [/B]Now in the case of the bluster and muster of the aeroflotistas at NW they haven't a clue about the future of the industry."

(Uh...what airline has been BANKRUPT for going on 3 YEARS? What airline has STOLEN FROM VENDORS for almost 3 YEARS? What airline has begged for EXTENTIONS after EXTENTIONS...cause "they are executing a plan".
Hey...sounds like a plan to me! :up: What airline has operated OUTSIDE of BANKRUPTCY, with top tier wages while UNITED has BEEN BANKRUPT for ALMOST 3 YEARS? (guess who grassphopper).

(snicker)...Sure they have a plan. :lol:

Well no arguments from AMFA! I guess they knew that NWA had to bring in AIRBUS to repair this aircraft????

North by Northwest said:
Cause your company may not be around long enough for you to enjoy our BK. :shock--------.would you like to wager on---UAL's survival vs. NWA BK or surrender of labor? I would
"United Airlines flight attendants could begin random walkouts Friday if their airline goes ahead with its decision to turn over their pension plan to the federal government."

The SCAB Airline that WORKS for FREE [damn near]...United Airlines ( SUCKING the INDUSTRY DOWN the SEWER with BANKRUPTCY!) They UNITED AIRLINES can't SURVIVE outside of BANKRUPTCY...
All UAL did was cave and lower their wages to the standard set by UsAir and non-legacies. AMR and DAL followed. CAL was already lower, NWA will follow. I disagree with the union surrender, BUT "working for free at a SCAB airline". That is one of most idiotic things on this board, and that's pretty bad.
"Mr. Brace is responsible for much of the misery at UA. Avolar and the failed US merger are his babies. Dubinsky is probably the only person more culpable for UA's troubles." So you complain about UAL taking huge paycuts, yet also blame Dubinsky more than anyone else for UAL's woes. What logical planet do you come from?When will it END...AFA please put the poor beast out of it's misery.
[post="279744"][/post]​

Why can't you use normal font, size and color?

mrfish3726 said:
Well no arguments from AMFA! I guess they knew that NWA had to bring in AIRBUS to repair this aircraft????
[post="280103"][/post]​

Considering that this thread begins with an article in which AMFA clearly opposes such action, I'm not certain how you come to that conclusion. Were you expecting a personal response from them, perhaps?

would you like to wager on---UAL's survival vs. NWA BK or surrender of labor? I would

I suggest you view the FAA report June 2005 (posted on the NW board) prior to placing your bet on Ual's survival vs. NWA's or any other major carrier.

mrfish3726 said:
AMFA members have claimed that The Airbus repair crew are SCABS, that's baseless.
[post="280254"][/post]​

That's funny, I've looked through this entire thread and see no evidence to support your claim. I am an AMFA member and work with many AMFA members and have heard no one make that claim either. AMFA has grieved the company for bringing non-NWA mechanics onto NWA property to perform work historically, and contractually, performed by NWA Technicians. Nowhere in their statement did they make any such claims either.

It appears that it is your claim that is baseless.

Back