NWA proposes splitting China award

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

A Northwest Airlines executive said Tuesday that the carrier still is fighting to win federal approval for nonstop flights between Detroit and Shanghai, but she also indicated a willingness to share the new route to China with Continental or United airlines.

Andrea Fischer Newman, Northwest's senior vice president for government affairs, said in an interview with the Star Tribune that Northwest could operate three flights a week to Shanghai, instead of seven, under such an arrangement.

One of the other airlines could provide service to China from a different U.S. city on the other days.

The rare overture reflects how hotly contested the new China route has been among Northwest, Continental, United and American. A decision by the U.S. Department of Transportation is expected this month.

I think they're feeling like the ugly girl at the sock hop.....
No one is asking them to dance... :p

Trying to buy friends???? hmmmm.... :lol:

When NWA says it wants to share ...start feeling for your wallet.

They are up to somthing...I say make the snake alarm in the weeds.

All in agreement say I...I :up: . With nwa's newest penchant for shooting themselves in the foot, I see bloody toe in the future for nwa. Why would you give up four of the most lucrative new routes on the planet? Stupid or something up the sleeve. I'd go with stupid this time. The only reason to share is to make money off the other carriers so they can make a profit for not flying.

When NWA says it wants to share ...start feeling for your wallet.

They are up to somthing...I say make the snake alarm in the weeds.

I think they're feeling like the ugly girl at the sock hop.....
No one is asking them to dance... :p

Trying to buy friends???? hmmmm.... :lol:

The ugly girl at the dance (at least the ones I knew) frequently is a 4.0 student, matured beautifully and is probably doing pretty damn OK.

If I would have known better I would have dated the 4.0 whose looks were "challenged". She could have helped me pull my GPA up, then I would have picked a different major in college and I wouldn't be stuck pushing tin around the skies for sub-standard wages.

The ugly girl at the dance (at least the ones I knew) frequently is a 4.0 student, matured beautifully and is probably doing pretty damn OK.

If I would have known better I would have dated the 4.0 whose looks were "challenged". She could have helped me pull my GPA up, then I would have picked a different major in college and I wouldn't be stuck pushing tin around the skies for sub-standard wages.
Now that is funny.... :D
and probably so true....

Like it is said "hindsight is 20/20". :blink:

Bravo United!

So much for NW's threat of outsourcing to "Chinese FAs" earlier last year.

Guess someone in Washington remembered that threat.

Latest posts