NY(Long Island) WAL-MART worker..DEAD

Aug 20, 2002
For those of you that may not know, WAL-MART has NEVER been ALLOWED in NYC, so this particular location is located in the town of Valley Stream(L I) which abbuts NYC(Queens) right by JFK.

1. Valley Stream police testify that WM had woefully INADEQUATE security.

2. WM says the.."DON'T KNOW" how many (so called) SECURITY people they had on site.

What WILL be different about this WM..Incident"..kiddies ?

First off, WM will pay $$$$$$$ dearly for this one, though still(most likely) in an undisclosed sum),

B U T,

"THIS" (another) WM "incident", will be the catalyst to FINALLY get the UNION into WM, coupled with President Obama's (very soon) new laws for joining a Union.

The "poster boy" for GOP CAPITALISM has finally "Met it's Match" :up: :up:

My thoughts & prayers to that workers family. This person just trying to make a living & something like this happens.

Another reason to stay away from Walmart & heck black Fri. for that matter.

My thoughts & prayers to that workers family. This person just trying to make a living & something like this happens.

Another reason to stay away from Walmart & heck black Fri. for that matter.
Gotta agree with you there coach. Maybe this "black Friday" crap will end...or is saving fifty bucks on a Wii worth a persons life? I already did my shopping...I think it was a "purple monday" when I got online (NOT Walmart) and ordered up my Christmas presents for the family. Stuff is delivered right to my door. I save gas, and don't have to get anywhere near a mall.

For those of you that may not know, WAL-MART has NEVER been ALLOWED in NYC, so this particular location is located in the town of Valley Stream(L I) which abbuts NYC(Queens) right by JFK.

2. WM says the.."DON'T KNOW" how many (so called) SECURITY people they had on site.

First off, WM will pay $$$$$$$ dearly for this one, though still(most likely) in an undisclosed sum),

B U T,

"THIS" (another) WM "incident", will be the catalyst to FINALLY get the UNION into WM, coupled with President Obama's (very soon) new laws for joining a Union.

I agree and hope you're right on spot with this!!

The sad incident has nothing to do with unionism, so stop the nonsense. You don't want to go there because then we could talk about how the UAW is contributing to the downfall of GM Ford and Chrysler.

I think among the REAL contributing factors were the fact that Wal Mart is cheap and always tries to get by with as little as possible (did Doug Parker work there as a kid?), plus I think they miscalculated the anticipated behavior of the local clientele (trying to put that as delicately as possible--to do with demographics and NOTHING else). Wal Marts policies toward vendors and competition is a reason why my family is strictly prohibited from spending dollar one at any store affiliated with them.

This incident happened about 5 miles from where I used to live--the Green Acres Mall was one of the first malls built back in the late 50's early 60's and I used to go there often as a kid and young adult.

That said, it is a sad day for all--especially those of us who call Long Island home. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the poor employee-who may have been trampled to death by some of his own neighbors it turns out.

Of course another customer at another Wal Mart-closer to where I live now, filed a claim that she was trampled too but it turned out to be a false report.

What is it with people today??????????

Wal Marts policies toward vendors and competition is a reason why my family is strictly prohibited from spending dollar one at any store affiliated with them.
Has a cold front moved thru hell Art?? I am in TOTAL agreement with you here.

B U T,

I feel for the victim and his family but, I don't think that if he had yelled " HALT..........I BELONG TO A UNION", that it would have stop the hystericle horde headed his way ! :blink:

Personally, I can not stand walmart. Their stores are nasty, they have terrible customer service, and their prices are not really much better than Target.
But, this is not Walmart's fault. The ONLY ones to blame are the greedy, unruly people that had to rush in just to save $50 on a TV or 10 cents on a package of toilet paper.

Inadequate security? No matter how much security you have, once the doors open at these stupid events, there's no security that can control the greedy mobs.

I do agree that these Black friday things are ridiculous, but once again dont blame the stores: blame greedy shoppers for acting like sheep and flocking to these events.

Think you've been to one too many union meetings where they twisted Bidens words" It's Patriotic to pay more taxes " to fit their agenda ! :shock:
Um....not a union member here, sorry. But have you forgotten that in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the American public was called upon to "shop"? At other times in our history it would have been a call to sacrifice for the war effort. Our "sacrifice"...our "patriotic duty" was to shop. You DO recall that don't you?

Um....not a union member here, sorry. But have you forgotten that in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the American public was called upon to "shop"? At other times in our history it would have been a call to sacrifice for the war effort. Our "sacrifice"...our "patriotic duty" was to shop. You DO recall that don't you?

Sorry don't recall that, but I'm sure I was shopping anyways, which to me is more patriotic the paying higher taxes ! :shock:

Personally, I can not stand walmart. Their stores are nasty, they have terrible customer service, and their prices are not really much better than Target.
But, this is not Walmart's fault. The ONLY ones to blame are the greedy, unruly people that had to rush in just to save $50 on a TV or 10 cents on a package of toilet paper.

Inadequate security? No matter how much security you have, once the doors open at these stupid events, there's no security that can control the greedy mobs.

I do agree that these Black friday things are ridiculous, but once again don't blame the stores: blame greedy shoppers for acting like sheep and flocking to these events.

WRONG....rjh,.......Dead Wrong.

A few "turnstiles"(think NY Subway), with a 1/2 Dozen..."NASTY Looking COPS" beside it, would have kept order.

What about the (daily) Millions of NYC commuters, who WOULD rush the turn styles to get "their" subway train,........................BUT Don't, because of ADEQUATE security ??

WAL-MART................"Save MONEY.......Live BETTER" !!

(good ol' boy..WAL-Mart will pay $$$$ dearly for this one,...unaided by the jurisdictional police report, of "grossly Inadequate security")

Let the "organizing" begin !!!

Sorry don't recall that, but I'm sure I was shopping anyways, which to me is more patriotic the paying higher taxes ! :shock:

Well...you might want to educate yourself. The problem with "patriotic shopping" was that most folks put it on credit...then "consolidated" that debt via a loan against their home (nothing like putting a pair of levis on a 30 year note).

Well...you might want to educate yourself. The problem with "patriotic shopping" was that most folks put it on credit...then "consolidated" that debt via a loan against their home (nothing like putting a pair of levis on a 30 year note).

Did someone put a gun to these peoples head and force them to charge ?...........Time for the individual to take resposibility for their actions ! :shock:

Back