NYC man says airline lost his dead wife's body

From the story:
Funeral director Kathleen DeRiso said the shipping error was caused by someone at American who punched in the wrong airport code. She said they wrote GUA for Guatemala instead of GYE for Guayaquil.
"It was not our error," DeRiso said, adding that the body was properly embalmed and "there was no decomposition." She said it was the first time in her 18 years of dealing with American that such a mistake had happened.

While an event like this is unfortunate and stressful, I wonder how much $$$ it will take for this man and his family to make him/them feel better?

From the story:
Funeral director Kathleen DeRiso said the shipping error was caused by someone at American who punched in the wrong airport code. She said they wrote GUA for Guatemala instead of GYE for Guayaquil.
"It was not our error," DeRiso said, adding that the body was properly embalmed and "there was no decomposition." She said it was the first time in her 18 years of dealing with American that such a mistake had happened.

While an event like this is unfortunate and stressful, I wonder how much $$$ it will take for this man and his family to make him/them feel better?

A dead body is still cargo, so what do we pay for lost cargo?

A dead body is still cargo, so what do we pay for lost cargo?

Oh good gawd! I spit my soda all over my desk when I read that! That was priceless!

Still, you're looking at yet another illegal alien who is going to sue those 'stupid americans' again, and walk away with enough millions to smuggle half of his country across the US Border!

It never ends.

At least the body WAS found. The 'dear departed' could've ended up for sale with all the other unclaimed lost luggage in Scottsboro, Alabama...